“Good food.”

Dining options: Reservations
Lakeland, Florida
“Good food.”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I like, it, but I have had better. It is kind of cool looking in there. Lots to pick from. You should check it out.

Visited September 2012

Apopka, FL
“Nice Ribs”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Staff young but very friendly. Restaurant was very busy. Ordered the ribs. Very tasty.

Visited May 2012
Walt Disney World, Florida
“NEVER AGAIN - A Waste of Money & Time!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My sons and I wanted sushi for lunch last Sunday. After reading the reviews here, I decided on this restaurant.

The restaurant is located in a strip mall next to Publix. Upon entering, we were immediately greeted and seated. Only 2 guest and my family were present during our stay. The decor isn't what I would have expected as it does have a diner feel to it as one reviewer stated. The place is very small, dark, and extremely cold. The restaurant was staffed with college kids (from what I viewed), including the Sushi chefs.

We waited for about 15 - 20 minutes before the waitress come to ask if we wanted drinks. By that time we were ready to order completely. We ordered the miso soup, noodles with vegetables, noodles with chicken, Godzilla roll, crispy & crunchy roll, and Korean BBQ ribs. Honestly, I should have left after I received the miso soup. The soup was completely inedible with one small cube of tofu in it. The soup tasted like a full cup of warm salt water. OMG! it was horrible...imagine just opening your mouth and pouring a cup of salt in it. YES! that horrible and everyone at the table found it inedible too. Advised the waitress of this and she removed the soup. Next she returns with the house salad. I didn't ever think anyone could mess up a salad, but this was absolutely the worst salad I ever ate. I have no idea what type of lettuce was used, but it was very bitter and felt gritty as if it wasn't cleaned. Well, didn't eat that. So, I went on to the noodles, which did look pretty but were horrible, bland, and confusing. I think they were suppose to be an egg noodle, but I believe it was angel hair pasta that wasn't al-dente, just crunchy. Adding soy sauce made the noodles somewhat palatable. The crispy & crunchy roll was ok. The Godzilla roll (and the lemonades) was the best out of everything we had. Although good it was mediocre at it's best. My son ordered the Korean BBQ ribs and having them in the past in our travels he was rather excited to see them on the menu. He said his ribs were okay, but he could have done without them.

Well, within an hour of leaving this restaurant, I began to feel nauseous. By the time I arrived home, I had vomited twice. My entire night was spent rotating between sitting on the toilet to having my head stuck in the toilet. I've been eating sushi since my teenage years in every part of the world and never had this type of reaction.

Compare this restaurant to the likes of a Yo! Sushi or the sushi made fresh daily at selected Publix stores; and the Yo! Sushi & Publix are five star cuisine. So, if you really need sushi in Lakeland, I suggest Publix in the same strip mall. It's much cheaper, fresher, better service, and never had me ill.

I gave this restaurant 1 star because of our waitress and because zero stars aren't available. She did provide good service, was attentive, but not intrusive, dealt very well my children. She knew the food was poor an apologized. This was my first & last time visiting this restaurant and would never recommend to a soul.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Lola M
Leawood, Kansas
“Mediocre Sushi by Amateurs”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I visited Gosh! Asian Bistro & Sushi with colleagues last week on recommendations from fellow Trip Advisors and was very disappointed. This establishment is an imitation sushi/Asian outfit run by non Asians.

We were seated immediately in this strip mall establishment that is set up like a diner. The narrow room has tables up front and a sushi bar in the rear. You look right into the bright kitchen.

We made the mistake of ordering appetizers. I ordered seaweed salad which was enough for the entire table. It was tasty but simply too much. My dining partners ordered Calamari and shrimp tempura. Both were just ok.

Not knowing what to order, we decided to order a Sushi Yacht. This came with a selection of sushi rolls, hand rolls and nigiri sushi and a martini glass layered with sashimi. It was a rather unappetizing presentation. The sushi rice was sticky and over processed. It was not sufficiently seasoned with rice vinegar.

For 3 of us, the dinner came to $170. This included a stir fry dinner for one of our colleagues who didn't eat sushi.

We passed on dessert because we were simply too full from all the sticky rice.

The positive part about this establishment was the cheerful service. And because it was a strip mall, there was plenty of parking.

I am ranking this place low simply because they are not what they say they are. They are a poor imitation of an Asian restaurant.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank IMFLYBOY
Lakeland, Florida
“Consistent quality”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We love Gosh because of the great sushi! Try the Volcano roll - it is fantastic. Also love the TNT mussels.