“Super Sushi!!! Keep going back!”

Gosh! Asian Bistro & Sushi
Ranked #94 of 446 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Winter Haven
“Super Sushi!!! Keep going back!”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This place is great. It is a little pricey but well worth it!! Absolutley must have a Volcano Roll!! It is one of their signature rolls and it is INCREDIBLE!!! The staff is usually friendly and eager to serve. Have had a few waitresses who were less than enthusiastic about helping patrons but to be honest I was so wrapped up in the food that I didn't even notice. Their squid salad (don't remember the name) in awesome as well!!

• Visited December 2011

Lakeland, Florida
“Much potential, much more authenticity needed.”
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Having eaten at Gosh! several times over the years they've been open, I'd say they can be quite good or rather mediocre depending on the day & time. When they're good, the food is tasty (if unimaginative) and the staff are friendly and provide good service. The menu selections are very limited (if you're used to eating in a real Vietnamese restaurant) and they scrimp on things like authentic herbs you expect to find in your Pho. Their spicing is rather "dumbed down" in comparison to an authentic Vietnamese restaurant as well. But, in the limited Asian dining landscape of Lakeland, they are one of the few worthwhile places to satisfy your desires for Southeast Asian food.

Visited January 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not fresh or good”
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I'm amazed at the reviews on here for gosh. Trust me it's terrible. I have gotten violently I'll twice from two different locations. Spice or Sumo are far better choices.

Lakeland, Florida
“Solid sushi, good value, reliable place for business as well.”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

My wife and I eat here at least once a month, and have been for several years. In all of the times we come here I don't think I've ever left feeling disappointed. We have been to sushi places that may be a little more upscale that might have just a tad fresher sushi and a little better atmosphere, but in Lakeland this is the best.

Lakeland, Florida
“Oh my Gosh!- I love this place.”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

If you're tired of the too heavy takeout that leaves you feeling sick and hungry (and have a few extra buck) try Gosh! The food is always delicately flavored and absolutely delicious. Try the beef Bun bowl , you can't go wrong with it.The sushi is fresh and ready in a timely manner. Keep in mind this place is a little pricey but I have never left feeling hungry and the atmosphere is nice. There are two Gosh! locations in Lakeland; downtown and the Lake Miriam Plaza. I would recommend only going to the Lake Miriam location. Although the food is excellent both places I have gotten poor service repeatedly at the downtown location.