“Loved this motel, nice,quiet and clean. We will revisit there again. Minutes from Lakeland and Mulberry.”

Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Loved this motel, nice, quiet and clean. When back in Lakeland we will use this facility again. Very good atmosphere there. Manager was very hopitable and all the staff was excellent- very satisfied customers. Will revisit when back in Lakeland

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
b3plays85, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

I would like to personally THANK YOU! for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland. I hope we not only met your expectations but exceeded them and made your stay one that you will remember when not only choosing our Hilton Garden Inn but also in choosing other Hilton products for your preferred hotel stays. You also took the time to respond to your guest stay questionnaire and that allows us to be able to respond to your needs or any opportunities in which we can make your stay more enjoyable. Once again THANK YOU! from the entire HGI Lakeland staff.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were visiting a friend nearby and did not want to drive too far late at night

This garden inn was perfect

Quiet,clean,with friendly helpful staff-a typical,delicious garden inn breakfast topped it off perfectly

Do not miss this one for a great price friendly stay in the Lakeland area

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jfadds

Reviewed January 19, 2013

As some reviewers have mentioned, this hotel is a bit out-of-the way. But with a car, you are close to shopping areas and restaurants. It was certainly a good choice for our visit to the Sun 'n Fun aviation attraction nearby.

Rooms are well-proportioned, nicely furnished and impeccably maintained. Bed is very comfortable although why a sheepskin-type mattress pad is necessary in balmy Florida is questionable.

We also appreciated a two-computer business center.

The real plus was the add-on breakfast for $5.95 per person that you must chose at check in. This entitles you to a very generous assortment of hot and cold items as well as the possiblity of custom prepared dishes such as omelets and waffles. All this served with real flatware and dishes and with the assistance of the very helpful and pleasant staffers. It was certainly worth the nominal extra price as it would be a challenge to find something as reasonable and good for less.

Room Tip: Be sure to purchase the breakfast option at check-in
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel is located near the Lakeland Linder airport, and not far away from the expressway that loops Lakeland. It is off the beaten path, so location wise, I would not recommend it to people traveling by on I-4. But it is located in a quieter area of Lakeland. The airport nearby is not for commercial airplanes, so it is not busy and even when you see a plane, you can often barely hear it. If you want a hotel that you can walk to various stores and restaurants, this is not for you. However, a large shopping center, grocery stores, movie theater,etc... is located just 2.5 miles east of the hotel, which is not far at all.
The inside of the hotel is tastefully decorated. It did not feel dated at all. I had a single room with a king size bed and had plenty of room, a microwave, coffee maker and small frig with a cabinet to store any extra food, etc.. I had a nice desk with ergonomic desk chair that was very comfortable. This hotel has plenty of plugs for those of you carrying a lot of electronics with you. The bathroom was small, but I usually don't need the big bathrooms that most hotels offer. It was plenty big.
I did use the business center while there. The printer worked fine, but the printer and fax machine were not user friendly. I had to play with buttons to get them to do what I wanted. I also used the exercise room. They have a decent amount of equipment. It is very clean, and I used it every night while I was there. The pool is small, but they do have one. Probably the only drawback, albeit a small one, was no complimentary breakfast. You had to pay additional for it. They do have room service, and like most room service, pricey. i did have a problem with the 'keys' continually losing their 'charge' and I had to go to the front desk to get them 're-charged'. That was a pain, but I have experienced that at other hotels as well.
I would stay there again if I was in the area again.

Room Tip: I could hear walking over my head, so if you are there more than one night, you may want to ask abou...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank maxona
b3plays85, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

I would like to Thank you personally for staying with us and giving the hotel a GREAT review! Please if you have a chance stay with us again
Brian B Berry

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I booked this hotel based upon other Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed at all. The property was extremely clean and up to all Hilton standards. JC at the front desk is a great ambassador for Hilton customer service excellence. To JC's boss: he deserves a promotion as his talents are not fully employed in his present position! We only stayed one night, but enjoyed the free Wi-Fi, the workout room, the room service and the clean and comfortable bed and linens. I agree wholeheartedly with an earlier review: the breakfast package is the way to go. The buffet is fresh and plentiful, as are the "made to order" eggs if you so desire. Our server for breakfast was wonderful and gave us all sorts of tips as we set off on a local college tour. Stay at this property with confidence!

Room Tip: If you enjoy a hearty meal before you start your day, ask about the breakfast package.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mamamooch
b3plays85, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Reviewed January 5, 2013

First off we stayed at this hotel from 28 Dec - 1 Jan 13 and I would like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. We arrived to the hotel prior to the normal check in time but that didn't delay the assigning of our room. Upon checkin if your room cost doesn't include the breakfast, I highly suggest you add it. It is well worth the cost. It cost 9.95 normally but you have the option on the first day only to add it for 5.95. If you decide on the 2nd day that you would like the discounted rate they will not give it to you. So the buffet consisted of assortment of fruits, yogurt, assorted breads to include crossiants and muffins. The main line has oatmeal, grits, eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, biscuits and gravy and you could even order pancakes, French toast, a omelet should you need more. Oh and I almost forgot they have Starbucks coffee as well (no additional charge).

Please note that the hotel is over by the Lakeland airport but there is nothing else in that general area, but if you would like to shop, see a movie, or find a nice dine in restaurant they are only about 2 exits up, 10 mins away. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms come equip with free Wi Fi so who could ask for more.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Temeka S

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland based on previous Trip Advisor reviews. Check in was fast. I chose this hotel due to an event we were attending at the Lakeland Center. It's takes about 10 minutes to get there from the hotel. The bed was somewhat comfortable. Bathroom was very clean with no marks of mildew. The only thing it did not have was a makeup mirror attached to the wall. Would've been nice to have one. The air conditioner was by the window and put out good air, a little noisy if you are a light sleeper. Thermostat is on the wall. The room was also very clean. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple