“Best BBQ in town (and even for miles!)”

Granger and Sons BBQ
Ranked #82 of 450 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Cash only.
lakeland, florida
“Best BBQ in town (and even for miles!)”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Family owned and operated feels like going to your brother's house for dinner. Well, if your brother lived in a little quaint shack LOL. To do any upgrades would require such significant permitting (they are grandfathered in) that the cost would surely be passed on in the food. As it is, quality food at a reasonable price! Ribs are great but the Friday night steaks are some of the best I have ever had and I have eaten at restaurants all over the world! There is limited seating so arrive early. Love their sauce and Mom's desserts. Potato salad is good, beans are so-so (but I am very picky about my baked beans). A must try!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Cocoleman

Lakeland, Florida
“BBQ, Okay but not my favorite”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Everyone was like it is so good and I finally stopped in for lunch and I was like BBQ, is still BBQ, meat smothered in sauces and smoked.
Not bad but not my favorite.

1 Thank Charold
LAKELAND
“Best Bar BQ In Lakeland”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

These guys have the best ribs around. They are only open for lunch except on the weekends and have limited seating. You can call in a take out order if you choose. They have limited sides but they are all excellent. They also have daily specials and they are always excellent. It is family owned and operated and you will not find better southern Bar BQ anywhere. They also do catering and teh steaks on thw weekend are the best. They have caterd several weddings, parties, events we have attended and all the food is alays fresh, hot and prepared perfectly....Have Granger and Sons cater your next event with their hand carved steaks and tell me it is not the best you have ever eaten!!!!! Price is very reasonable for the quality. This is another place you go to for the food and not the decor. A small kitchen and sitting area with dirt driveway and parking, but do not let the looks steer you away....very casual eating experience

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank RON R
Lakeland, Florida
“Best food in Lakeland”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Literally my favorite restaurant ate here almost every other day when I worked on that side of town! Great family and food!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank jjcoylejr
Tampa, Florida, United States
“I love this place and the down homey feel and food are great!”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Coming back from a trip to Green Swamp I saw this little place by accident. My first thought was it looked like a run down building that was closed but there were too many cars and trucks around it. Being the adventurist type I and a friend decided to check it out. We walked around back cause we were not sure where the front door was and saw a screened in porch with people sitting eating BBQ in strofoam trays. We located the ordering area and noted it was cash only so we got the small pork sandwichs with two sides and sweet tea. Let me tell you the food was great! I LOVE the cole slaw, the sliced pork was heaping, moist and overflowing the buns. The locals were very colorful people and even invited us to sit with them ( this is a small place ). I can't say enough about the fun of the atmosphere and the great food. The bad reviews have to be a joke or from primping people who can't handle country.

• Visited February 2012