“good thing it was cheap”

Days Inn & Suites Lakeland
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
new york
“good thing it was cheap”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

the rooms were very small but clean. the bathroom was so small that the door nearly touches the toilet when opened but again it was clean. they charge a "resort fee" that is not mentioned at time of booking so be aware that their rate will be about $12 higher than they quote you. the free breakfast was the worst i've ever experienced, even the coffee was undrinkable...more like brown water. there are much better options for not much more in the lakeland area

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
SamDaskundu, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Thank you so much for your comment and we very much appreciate your business. We appreciate you taking your time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay at our brand new hotel. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations. We offer wide varieties of rooms, from regular standard room w/ 2 dbl beds (25 ft X 12 ft) to two bedroom suites which is 1000 sq ft. depending on your needs. We try to accommodate our guests according to their reservation. Our bathrooms are standard sized like any other hotels. However, they are all upgraded with all American top quality granite and modernized faucets and high pressured shower heads. In addition, we have a lot of room with oversized bathrooms, some completely ADA compliant bathrooms w/ roll in shower, some with oversized whirlpool plus separate shower and some with extra large whirlpool in the room beside the guest bed plus a completely separate bathroom w/ tub and shower. We have all choices for all your need. Please next time let us know about your specific requirement and we will make sure we meet all your needs. For guests making online reservations, please make sure to read every detail about the room. We serve breakfast everyday from 7 AM to 10 AM. We also offer breakfast in bag to go. We serve the very best Farmers coffee as required by the brand. In addition, we serve 2-3 types of hot items, which varies from day to day, 2-3 types of cereals, 2-3 types of fruits, varies of Danishes, varieties of yogurts, bagels, toasts, oat meals, both regular and decaf coffee and tea, Florida orange juice and apple juice, regular and 2% milk. Finally, let me thank you again for your comment and business. I am happy that you enjoyed our super clean, energy efficient, 100% non-smoking, Green property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Lakeland
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We could not have asked for a more pleasant experience. Our home ac went out so we came here :) We are a family with children ranging from 7 months to 14 years old and we could not handle the heat while our AC was being replaced over the course of 2 days and the temperature in the home was 90 degrees+. There is a 24 hour pool on site which is hard to come by these days & was enjoyable. The free breakfast had a wide variety for everyone and Jonathan at the front desk went above and beyond to accommodate us and make sure we were comfortable. Great TV selection and nice decor. Rooms stocked with all necessities and was very quiet. We travel around quite a bit and must say that this is the greatest experience we have had in a while and it was also the lowest price I have seen in years. Conveniently located to several restaurants also. I will definitely book to stay here again :):):)

• Stayed June 2011
SamDaskundu, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, June 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. As a valued guest, your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again! Again, thank you for the review and if I can be of assistance to you in future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Tampa, FL
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I take several business trips a year to my companies regional office in Lakeland, fl. Here is my review of this hotel: If you like a firm pillow, bring your own. The pillows in this hotel are very, very soft. I aksed for a wake up call at 6:00am. The first day I got it as promised. I went to the front desk and asked for a wake up call at the same time for my second morning. The front desk clerk was so busy texting she could not even look at me. I was not really surprised I did not receive a wake up call. Thank god I had my cell phone or I would have been late for work. I was hoping the included breakfast would have started sooner than 7:00am. I usually leave for work at around 6:45am when in Lakeland, so that would have been nice for business travelers. The room was ok, I did notice several large stains that were just plain gross. I also was not comfortable staying in a connecting room since I was alone. Overall, this is a great hotel to sleep in, but it is not by any means a luxury hotel and the staff leaves something to be desired. If you want to stay at a really great hotel stay at the Hampton Inn at Lakeside Village.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
SamDaskundu, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues were addressed in our last employee meeting. At this point, it is a rule here that “No Employee can bring cell phone to Work”. So, THANK YOU!!!! We are always trying our best to provide best value while providing high quality accommodation to our guests. In addition, we do offer “Breakfast to go” on request. My sincere apology to you that the desk clerk failed to inform you about our “breakfast to go” the great service we offer to all our guests. However, I am glad and happy to see that you have found our hotel “A GREAT HOTEL TO SLEEP INN”. So, THANK YOU again for your comments!!!! It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Very rude management at this location, Teresa at the counter was nice but the owner was extremely rude when we wanted help using the safe and started complaining and complaining that we smelled..... gee we just drove 1200 miles with no air conditioning in 100° heat and slept in the van the night before we arrived, all we wanted was a place to clean up and crash for the weekend but before we could go to Walmart and get necessities Habib followed us into the parking lot and started ranting at us again about BO and basically got the bums rush and was told to leave in the morning, after we left my credit card was charged $250 because they claim we broke a entertainment center which we did not... all we did was clean up, sleep and depart

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank daysinnlakelandsucks
SamDaskundu, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, May 21, 2011
First, I am very sorry that I had to do this and I hope in future, I do not have to face any issue like this. As an owner, it is my full responsibility to take care of all my guests in every possible way.
Also, we are committed to provide all our guests, nice, clean, safe accommodation and hygienically clean safe atmosphere. I as a manager went to the room to help the guest with the safe. On the way I took the elevator and it smelled horrible. One lady even felt sick by the smell. Two other guests made complaints and told me about this particular guest before I got to the elevator. When I went to the room to help the guest with the safe, I was unaware that all other guests are complaining about this particular guest. I could hardly stay in the room and help him as I was feeling sick. I really did not want to but I had no other choice than telling the guest about this bad smell issue. At that point I did not mention the word BO to be polite. In reply, they told me that they were not sure about the smell I was talking about. I tried to be as polite as I could be. In addition, his whole body is full of open sores, rashes or some kind of eczemas. It is very hard not to look or overlook this issue. It was a complete health hazard situation. There was someone else with him, may be his relative that was staying with him. I was hoping he would help us with the situation. At that point without his knowledge I had to appoint one employee particularly for this issue to go behind him and clean everything with disinfectant. Before, he came to our hotel, he was also got kicked out from one other hotel. I did not feel it was safe atmosphere to my other guests. I am talking about a very tall and very overweight individual, who is unaware of his own BO and other health issues. So I had to ask them to leave. At first the guest paid for three nights. When he checked out, we gave him the money back for two nights. After he checked out we went to the room and found out that he broke one of the furniture in frustrations by punching it.
Our rooms are checked by two people every day before we rent. However, In this case, I went to his room, the night before to help him with the safe. At that time everything looked fine. The guests are always responsible for damaging or any kind of vandalism. In addition, we closed the rooms for 4 days and hygienically clean every bit of the room. However, we did not even charge him for the cleaning and also for the loss of revenue for not renting the rooms for four days. We took pictures of this vandalism. When he came back to the property and started a argument, we showed him the pictures and he left. Finally, I am really SORRY again and apologize to everyone who I offended.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Good hotel in a safe area close to lots of restaurants. Fast and friendly check in, clean room and a good breakfast. Good value for money, wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
SamDaskundu, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, April 25, 2011

Thank you and very much appreciate your business. We are glad that you were here to enjoy our clean top notch GREEN accomodation and hot breakfast. On a everyday basis, we have been rated as one of the top valued hotel in Lakeland area. In addition, we have been rated in top 1% of all hotels & resort hotel in the whole world.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We had a lovely week long stay at the Days Inn in Lakeland, Florida. The king suite was exactly what we needed for our family. There was plenty of space in the room for our luggage and even the portable crib we brought for our toddler. The fridge allowed us to store drinks and food, and the WiFi allowed us to keep our friends and family updated during our vacation. The hotel is located near plenty of restaurants, a mall, and the interstate highway. We highly recommend this hotel, even the customer service was excellent (thanks for your help Wanda)!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
SamDaskundu, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Thank you so much much for your business and your wonderful comments. We are very happy that you like our top quality nice clean accommodatation and top notch services. We hope to see you in near future. Thanks again !!!!!!!!!
clarksville
Reviewed March 13, 2011

This is the 2nd time we have stayed here in the last 2 years.. We like the location and the service was great. Friendly staff and manager always was checking to make sure everything was ok...The breakfast area is huge, not just 2 tables in a hall... Nice pool and lots of sun by the pool....I like cereal for breakfast, and there was not much of a choice, just Corn flakes or Fruit Loops... Did have a good waffle.. This is a nice place to stay while in Lakeland.. and we will be back. Lots of eating places nearby, 5 Guys Burgers being one of them...Crackerbarrel, Applebees, Wendys all walking distance from Hotel

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments. Very much appreciate your business. I am glad that you all had a great time at Spring training. Please come back again when you have a chance. There are many more exciting things around us. Moreoever, Lego land will be opening soon. Thank you again.