“Please Read Before Making Reservations!!! 3/30/2012”

Paramount Lakeside Inn and Suites
Paramount Lakeside Inn and Suites
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Bakersfield
“Please Read Before Making Reservations!!! 3/30/2012”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I was concerned about the other reviews I saw online, so I called and talked to the Manager and the front desk guy who both assured me that the hotel had been completely renovated and was under new management, and that it was really nice now. WRONG. It was unbelievably horrible. I insisted on seeing the room before checking in, so they had the security guy (looked like a bouncer) show me the room. It smelled horrible, there were no pillow cases on the pillows and they were moldy and terribly stained (the security guy said he would throw those away and find some better pillows, the bathroom was disgusting, etc., etc. I told the front desk that I was not going to stay there and he refused to release my first night's deposit. Two other customers were in there to cancel their rooms at the same time. One guy was telling them that their shower valve came out of the wall and the room was flooding - they told him to stand in line. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY CRAZY AND DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Please choose another hotel - this one is not clean, not safe, and is absolutely disgusting.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank ciguy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Middleburg
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My husband book us on line which was not the name when we got there. My husband went in and they said yes this was the right hotel, name change under new managment.. Okey that was fine. When entering the room over looking the lake we had 2 beds (booked a king size) they were all the same price, with 1 pillow per bed, coffee pot, no towels, just to bars of soap was all. My husband went to the front desk and ask for coffee which sometimes some hotels you have to ask for it.. and was told sorry there is a McDonald up the street or you can go to the store and buy it and the cups to pour it into. Was told that the coffee pot was there by mistake they no longer do that. There was no service to clean or make the beds. Would like to know what happen to the full size dining room, breakfast or any of the other things that was advertise on line. They advertise that it is 32.00 a nite on the outside of this motel but we paid 59.00 ..Not a very happy couple fo a mini vaction.

Room Tip: This is more of a rent to live type hotel. Not one to stay and feel comfy
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Ronald R

Travelers are raving about these Lakeland hotels

Lakeland
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I was horrified when I went to ask for sheets to switch out (because ours were DIRTY UPON CHECK IN!!) The house keeper was extremely rude and discourteous to me and practically THREW the sheets at me. As I was walking away I turned around and she was staring at me angrily. My husband also told me she flipped me off when my back was turned too.
I stayed here because I could not get a refund, but I will NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN as this housekeeper (I think it was a woman, because their hair was spiked.) made our stay very unpleasant. Good thing the front desk worker was nice. But our family will NOT BE COMING BACK.

Room Tip: Employees extremely rude!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank Anonnonnon
Stratham, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 21, 2011

The photos look great, but don't be deceived. This place (now called the Regal Grand Lakeside Inn and Suites) was once luxurious, but now in a state of serious decay. The rooms are good sized but the walls are crumbling, electrical outlets don't work, and rooms smell of everything imaginable. The grounds are littered with cigarette butts and beer cans. II made the mistake of booking and paying for 4 nights in advance with no refund, and did not once manage to get the room cleaned, bed made or light bulbs supplied. I also saw that the marquee offered rooms at 32/night, less than half of the price I paid through Trip Advisor. All and all, It was a terrible experience.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
8 Thank jbrollinghome
Toronto
Reviewed April 2, 2011

this was a good hotel. not 5 star or anything but good for your money. it was clean and had cable tv. i stayed there with my wife for 2 nights and did not see any drug dealers, thugs etc. i don't know why people would write things like that. the staff and manager was very friendly to us. i would recommend this place and i would love to come back next winter.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank finnicle
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Refused to stay. The room wasn't ready so we paid for 11 days and went to lunch. When we came back and seen the rooms we refused to stay in filthy conditions. They tried to upgrade us and every room was the same they were all filthy. They refused to give our money back. We just want to warn so nobody else will do the same thing we did. They showed false advertisement on the internet and when you went into the establishment they had a TV with pictures of the room but none of them were like it. We also found out that they have been The Kingston Inn, Sweet Dreams Inn and now the Regal Grand Inn. IT IS A DUMP!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank raderca
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 12, 2010

It needed lots of work and the pool did not open until late summer.

Stayed June 2009, traveled solo