“Would stay again, very clean.”

Sleep Inn And Suites
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
“Would stay again, very clean.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stayed here one night because we were going to Legoland. The hotel surpassed my expectations. It was very clean, the employees were very curteous. And although we wished it would have been closer to the park, its about a 20 minute drive, the value and quality of the hotel made it worth it. There were two comfortable double beds and the bathroom was nicely remodeled.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Annie27t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

Chose this motel for its location and price during a short golf vacation. Considering the price, the room was larger and cleaner than what I expected. The bed and pillows were comfortable as well. Cindy the manager and the staff were friendly and helpful. Considering the price of the stay the added breakfast bar was a great value. Although it had limited selections (a slight step down compared to LaQuinta - only the breakfast options... not the motel!), it worked for me. For those who don't care for the motel food, a Cracker Barrel is adjacent to the property. The only negatives were: 1) The bathtub faucet dripped enough to be a distraction at night (closing the bathroom door and turning on the fan took care of that). 2) No HD TV, at least in my room. 3) I didn't care for the $1.00 a night fee for use of the safe (which I didn't use). I didn't catch that charge until after I left or I would have asked to have it removed from the bill. All in all, considering the above negatives it is still a good value and would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mark S
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Sleep Inn while en route from Orlando to Ft. Myers for Thanksgiving weekend. We basically needed a decent place to spend the night, and this hotel fit the bill. Our room was on the second floor--it was a bit difficult to get everything up and down stairs/elevator, but we've had worse experiences. We weren't crazy when we noticed that the molding around the carpet pulled away from the wall--maybe some moisture? The beds were comfortable. It was nice that the Cracker Barrel was next door, but we chose the Continental breakfast the next morning. We were plenty satisfied with it.

Watch for the safe charge. There is a small sign that you can miss that says if you did not use the safe, you will not be charged. You can mention this before check out. I forgot to do this.

Also, note that this hotel is not easy to get to from the highway. Bring your map. We missed the exit late at night and it took a while to get back to I-4 as a result.

Would we stay here for a vacation? Probably not, but since we live in Orlando, that's not likely. If we need to stay overnight between Orlando and points south, we'll consider staying here again.

Room Tip: It probably would be better in this case to get a ground floor room if you have a bit of luggage.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bob S
Terrebonne, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

We chose that hotel as a stop over before driving furher the next day. Conveniently located near Lakeland Regional Airport (LAL). Within 15 minutes driving time. Clean and very affordable hotel. Room was clean and perfect for our needs. Breakfast was good. It was an excellent choice considering location and price. We had supper at the Cracker Barrel adjacent to the parking lot. There are other fast food restaurants nearby where you can drive to in a few minutes. It is a safe and quiet area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank southguy
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

The price of the room was great and the reviews posted on here were pretty decent, so we decided to give this hotel a try. The only positives that I can state about my experience with this hotel are that the rooms are large, quiet, & had a nice little refrigerator in them. It was definitely not as fabulous as I had expected and I went in with pretty low expectations. The customer service was poor and the room was not up to my standards in terms of cleanliness. There were stains all over on the carpet, walls, lamps…etc. We saw 2 bugs in our room. The comforter desperately needs to be updated. It is one of those scratchy ones that I had as a kid. The free breakfast was awful. It was free for a reason. I got sap all over my car from the tree out front. I know that isn’t the hotel’s fault, but it was just another negative adding to my overall bad experience. Oh and lastly, the clientele staying at this hotel was “interesting” to say the least.

Room Tip: There are some rooms in the hotel that are longer or wider, so ask to get one of those bigger rooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank hi_maint_couple
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I'm not one to blindly pick a hotel without knowing anything about the location, but the reviews were ok, and I needed something reasonably priced. I just have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The hotel staff was very helpful and check in/out was super fast. The room was bigger than expected and clean. Very comfortable bed with fluffy feather pillows, I slept like a baby. Breakfast wasn't the boring toast and muffins that I expected... Belgian waffles, biscuits and gravy, sausage, and more. Location is convenient off I-4, Cracker Barrel is RIGHT next door and the mall is only 3.5 miles away... I felt safe in this area, which is important for me. Overall I am impressed and would definitely recommend Sleep Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Kim C
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

We did not have the privelage to stay at the hotel but we are defintely looking forward to it and meeting the general manager. I had a terrible experience with hotels.com (DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM) but Mr. Patel (general manager) on his day off spent an hour on the phone helping me get my entire refund back. They clearly tried to make it look like it was hotels fault when they were pulling a fast one on all. Mr. Patel and his staff clearly care about thier guests and potential guests (we didn't even stay there). Thank you again for all of your help!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business