“Warning ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Snowbirds Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakeland
Snowbirds Inn
You added Snowbirds Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
Wisconsin
“Warning ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2007

Filled with roaches, no telephones, what a complete dump. Couldn't get the room key to work so they game me a master key for all the rooms. Demanded my money back, so they gave me a different room with only dead roaches! This was a very bad experience and I am planning litigation.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — cockroach infested dump
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank backstageWisconsin

Solo
Business
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2007

I booked this room knowing that it was the cheapest in town during Sun-n-Fun. Burn marks on all furniture, fixtures, and bedding. Yes even the bedding has burn holes in it. Bath towels were the size of my hand towels at home. Room had mold and water damage evident in the ceiling. Only trash/linen pick up daily, no making of beds or evidence of much cleaning. Won't stay here again. BUT I GOT WHAT I PAID FOR!!!

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank bcander

Travelers are raving about these Lakeland hotels

charleston,sc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

Stay Away! Most of the room are occupied by "permanent tennants." We killed about 15 roaches our first night there. I personally watched 2 drug transactions go down in the parking lot....in the middle of the afternoon. The dealers hung out just outside of our room in the stairwell. My buddy was asked on two seperate occasions if he wanted to buy drugs. The rooms were FILTHY, with wires hanging out of the walls, holes in the walls and grime everywhere. Next year for spring training I will be staying in a tent!

• Liked — We didn't get bit by bugs or shot by drug dealers!
  • Disliked — The discustingly filthy room!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank jjdewald
Palm Bay, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2007

I'm a lifelong Floridian who wanted to finally see the Strawberry Festival in Plant City. So my wife and I got the tickets well in advance. But the hotel room ... I think I waited too long to reserve. NOTHING in Plant City was available.

So I backed out a bit, via Hotels.com, to Lakeland and found this really reasonable-priced place, the Snowbirds Inn. Kind of annnoyed at the name "snowbird," being a Floridian, but the price of $52 a night, when everything else was at least $100, was awesome.

To make a long story short, we never even got inside the room.

We arrived at 4 a.m. March 10, after working my job all day and driving all night, and found the front desk staff CLOSED at 11 pm! How can you just close a hotel desk?

The next-door hotel, Pleasant Dreams, is owned by the same people and runs the Snowbird desk after hours. But the Snowbird staff did not leave word of my reservation. So the Pleasant Dreams folks didn't have me listed.

I produced the written Hotels.com confirmation, and the staff had me wait while they located a room that happened to be vacant.

"Worn" would be a kind word for this place. "Worn out" might be better. Built in 1979, supposedly remodeled in 2005 -- but you can't tell from the outside. Just plain dirty.

Wife and I took our bags up and found I had to go back to the office and pay. So we took our bags back down, not wishing to leave them outside this place, and added $49 to the $50 deposit. And after several experiments with the equipment, the staff produced a key card.

So we carried the bags back up. And the key wouldn't work! At all. Not when instered slowly or quickly, or frontwards or backwards.

So we took the bags back down and went to turn in the key and get a refund. The staff called the manager and was told we could not get a refund. Manager suggested we call the credit card company and cancel payment.

It's 5 a.m. by now. We decided to shove off to Plant City. Got there by 6 and caught two hours of shut-eye in the car under a tree.

Save yourself the anxiety. Skip this joint.

• Liked — The overnight desk manager, Landra, was intelligent and polite. But she coldn't save this dump.
  • Disliked — Just plain lack of concern for customers by owners.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Henricus
Ft. Myers, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2007

I wish I had read Trip Advisor before booking. The motel is a home for welfare people, homeless and drug addicts. They made an arrest while we were there. It is ROACH filled, dirty. No maid service, no maintenace. Lights don't work, they didn't make the beds, no clean towels, holes in the walls, FILTHY. We were forced to stay 2 nights, because there were no other rooms in town, due to Spring Training and The Strawberry Festival. NEVER AGAIN. I'm writing to the Board of Health.

Ramblin814@aol.com

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Roaches
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Samovar2
frankfort ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2007

I had the worst time. I signed the bill before I looked at the room.
i would not sit on the bed or touch anything. it looked like they had painted the walls with swimming pool paint. There were holes in the walls and the floors walls and ceilings were filthy.
Because I could not get my money back I took the fifth room they showed me. On the second night they fought all night with the cops there. I wish I had found this site before. I left and lost over one hundred dollars

• Liked — Not one thing. It was dangerous
  • Disliked — I didnt read the fine line. They will not refund your money when you leave
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank maed51
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2007

Check in is at 3:00 p.m. and I got there at 6:30 p.m. and they said they may not have a room ready. That was the first of it all. Then when we got into the room some metal napkin holder fell of the side of the counter by the sink, Room stunk and looked like had not been cleaned. No towels, no soap, half a roll of toilet paper. There were roaches which was the worst of it all. On our second day our key wouldn't work. House cleaning didn't even clean or make the beds just left 1 towel on the bed when there were 4 of us staying in the room. This was the worst room I have ever stayed in and I travel a lot. Please book elsewhere for all who read this.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — roaches
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family