“Great for Clay and Range Shooting”

Tenoroc Fish Management Area
Ranked #21 of 54 things to do in Lakeland
More attraction details
Owner description: Conservation area with five lakes, excellent fishing and birding trails.
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We shot at their 10-11 clay stations (which were great) and then moved onto the range. The folks at Tenoroc were very friendly and knowledgeable.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

You pay to fish here. : ( But it's interesting. We enjoyed looking around--which they did NOT charge us for--because we didn't stay long. You stop and get a permit from the ranger.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

After reviewing this fishing and nature park online, I decided to take my grandson (who is visiting from NY) there for an outing. Upon arriving there was a sign that said closed on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but the gate was open and I thought we could at least walk the trails. I went into the office and was greeted by a staff person (a man with a scruffy beard) who rudely (and in hearing of my grandson) told me the sign said closed and that's why the gate was closed (it wasn't or I wouldn't have been able to get in). His tone indicated I should be able to read and follow directions. Granted, I'm older and in my late 60's and perhaps I should have just turned around and left, but I was hoping to at least be able to walk a trail with my grandson who leaves for NY tomorrow. There is a way to be kind to people (especially older ones) by using a kinder decorum. And I wish the website had mentioned the days the park is closed so we wouldn't have driven the distance.

12  Thank Mary34373
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Very well managed facility. Pay attention to the regulations and have a great time. Best fishing is from john boat or kayak. Many species stocked!

4  Thank NotaClueGal
Reviewed September 12, 2011

me and my husband decided to check it before we took our grandkids.
it is $3.00 for each adult children 16 and under are free.
it was awesome experiance.
the gentleman at the sign in desk.
was full of information,where to go best fishing for kids.
i took a small thing of red wigglers.
caught several fish.
my husband fished for bass caught a few and released them.

we had such a great time.
very family friendly.

this will be our new family get together.

2  Thank kenya h