“I know it was late, but...”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #202 of 458 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We went really late on a Thursday night, but for a place that is 24/7, they should expect to have SOME company at 1 am.There were several of us, and we ordered basic menu items - steakburgers, fries and shakes. The service was SOOOOO slow and we were one of two tables for two servers. The fries came out cold... the only plus was that I at least had a coupon for my food, and my cherry coke was awesome. But it was a bummer to be disappointed by one of the "American icon diner restaurants".

Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you want a cheap semi eatable late night snack, this is it. No one came to seat us so I started to seat myself, I got my own menus and this got their attention. Server was very busy only 2 on duty for a busy late night it was about 1:30 am. She was very polite but busy. 20 mins later we got our fries and burgers. Burgers good, my orange milkshake better. Love all the choices in milkshake flavors. The best surprise of all was the check. 3 boys 16, 17, 19 all big eaters, myself and husband all had burgers doubles and triples with fries and shakes came to $42.00. what a bargain. Overall you get what you pay for, good if you don't expect greatness.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Our family stopped at Steak 'n Shake on a Sunday afternoon; what a disappointment! Three people in our group ordered taco salads and two of them had COLD meat on theirs and another person's hamburger was cold. The service was slow and the food was not what Steak 'n Shake used to be! I think since they have reduced so many of their meal prices the food quality has gone down. Seemed as though they were short staffed also, our waitress was in the kitchen cooking!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

The restaurant is woefully understaffed. We waited 10 minutes to be seated despite several vacant tables and several others needing to be cleared. It was another 10 minutes before a waitperson showed up. To make a long (unhappy) story short, it took 50 minutes to get a burger and fries! The burger bore no resemblance to what I ordered, but I was so hungry by then I went ahead and ate it. Ninety minutes after entering, no one asked how we liked our meal. So I guess the staff know the score. Slow service, tables uncleared of dirty dishes, incompetent wait staff. Cross this one off the list.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

When I have visitors that come from the New England states they love steak and shake so this is an easy stop. We went on a Sunday, avoid Sundays at all cost. One of the wait staff told me they cannot keep up with the customers on Sundays. We found out first hand - our food came out cold and it took a really long time, plus we were missing 1/2 of our food, I went up to ask for eating utensils and they said they didn't have any clean, I said can we at least have napkins, they did seem to find some of those. Who ever the manager was they were avoiding everyone. On most days the manager comes around to see if everything is alright, this Sunday you couldn't tell if there was a manager there or not. Usually a good eating place, just avoid Sundays