“Two for one? I don't WANT two.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #56 of 445 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Two for one? I don't WANT two.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

This Applebees forces you to pay for two beers or drinks even if you only want one. What a ridiculous policy.

Visited April 2014

Lakeland, Tennessee
“Nothing good to say.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Ill start off by stating I visited this location on Sat, March 22nd, about 11:20 pm. Maybe that was my mistake, I came too late so the staff didn't feel the need to be on top of their game. (although i think they close at 2am?) First hostess greeted and sat us, nice enough. We sat for about ten minutes, no greeting from anyone. Let me also mention that I am a server, so although I am overly critical at times, I also cut any server ALOT of slack knowing how often you can get in the weeds, and I am very understanding and usually tell servers to catch up then get to us. But still she never even stopped by to say, "hey guys ill be right with you." Finally she shows up, and says "what are you drinking?" No greeting, no name, no offering anything. There's a little sign on the table that says if the server doesn't offer two-for-one beers or whatever that you get one for free. I'm not that much of a jerk so I didn't mention anything. We were their for apps and drinks, and planned on sipping and munching for a while. We order drinks and apps, they all come out fairly soon..then...nothing. My first (and only) drink was yummy so it was gone pretty quick, as was my boyfriends. We sat through an entire meal with no drinks or napkins or extra of anything we wanted. And the queso was spicy :( FYI, the drinks were empty before the food showed up, but because our server didn't run our food or check on us EVEN ONCE..we didn't even get the chance for a refill. Bummer, I wanted to order a Mai Tai. So she shows up after about 20 minutes after our apps do and that point we're just done. Its not like I could even find a manager to talk to because there was nobody around..just other servers at their tables. She asks us if were ready for the check and boxes..Well i guess so. another 5 minutes. We box up, pay and start leaving pretty disappointed and very annoyed. The icing on the cake was the hostesses and other staff leaning all over the hostess stand as we were leaving, talking and laughing, no "thank you have a good night" though they were 3 or 4 of them standing there. So I make it a point to tell THEM to have a good night. Probably petty but I was annoyed with the entire place by then. Even if she was doing side work or busy with other tables its no excuse of any kind to not check on your table even one time. I have never sat through an entire meal without a drink. SO overall, it was a terrible experience beginning to end, and I will never go back. My apps and the one drink I had were pretty yummy.

• Visited March 2014
Roswell, Georgia
“It's an Applebee's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Like every other Applebee's, serving reasonable, predictable food at a reasonable price. Was within walking distance of our hotel. No surprises.

Wyoming, Pennsylvania
“Great Food and a fun waiter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We got there after driving all day,around 9 pm, and had a great meal. Our waiter, Mark, kept us laughing and we really were able to relax and enjoy our dinner. We went back several days later for more good food.

Flarken, Sweden
“Nice Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Went here for lunch. Good value for the bucks. I like the 2 for $20 menu as it is flexible including the weight conscious items.