“Amazing service, although I generally avoid chains”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #56 of 456 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I generally avoid chain restaurants, but I was staying in a hotel next door, so this was convenient. I arrived around 6:45 on a busy Friday night, but they had a table ready, and were turning over tables very quickly as people left. I won't critique the food much, because Applebee's menu is pretty much the same everywhere. Their wine selection wasn't bad for a chain restaurant, and my grilled shrimp salad was very tasty. I can't eat bacon, so I had to ask them to make the salad without bacon and switch to a different dressing, which they did perfectly and very quickly.

The main reason I'm posting a review is the service. My server was very quick and efficient, the food came very quickly, and at least 3 people other than my server (one a manager) came by to ask if everything was alright and if I needed anything else. They were friendly, polite and always there when needed, without hovering or being bothersome. I wish some of my favorite hometown restaurants had employees like these!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Applebee's is consistant, I don't think there is too much more to say. You either like Applebees or not.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

steaks were tough, staff was nice but food was terrible, did not want to disappoint the staff so I never said anything

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I just don't care for their food so much, Not one of my favorite places to go. I go only when I'm with someone who wants to go and it's their turn to choose.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had just pedaled my bicycled about 70 miles so there wasn't much they could do to disappoint me. After dropping my bike off at the Hampton Inn next door I was happy to find them right across the parking lot. I didn't eat in so I can't speak for the ambience or lack thereof. I got the food back to my room and it was still hot and very tasty. Overall, it was a good lunch.