“Food Sure Doesn't Match The Picture In The Menu, Service OK”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #164 of 457 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I visited Outback recently at the request of a friend. I don't frequent the restaurant as over the years, I have found the restaurant to be very average on the whole. My friend ordered a seafood medley and I ordered the petite filet with "Marsala wild mushroom sauce" While the food was tasty, my friend's dinner was of unusually minuscule portions for the price and the presentation looked like a 3rd grader plated the food. My filet was tasty and cooked as I had ordered, but I never thought of a common button mushroom as even vaguely "wild." Presentation on my plate was very lacking too, especially the vegetable medley which looked like prison food.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Even though they do not allow smoking, there is a cuban cigar store/bar next door. So if you had to wait outside to be seated, you were flooded with the smoke! Probably won't go back. Too many other choices that do not have this issue.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Took my parents out for their 50th anniversary and they chose Outback. We went on a Monday night at 715pm and had no problem getting right in. We were going to call and make reservations, but figured they probably wouldnt be busy on a Monday night and we were right. We were greeted right away by our server and the drinks and appetizer came quickly. The food was good all around and the portions were quite large. Everyone is getting a second meal out of it. Two pasta dishes, a steak shrimp combo, a ribeye and the Outback Special all cooked to perfection. The service was great with no drinks left unfilled and bread (with honeybutter spread if you ask for it) upon request. Parents had a great time and we had a fantastic meal. Thanks!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

It was good for a chain restaurant. Service was good and food quality was good

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Outback has slipped - BADLY. They appear to be depending on their name to keep them going, as opposed to taste and quality of food. Over the last year or so, each visit has been a disappointment. On my most recent visit, my Rib Eye steak was waaaaaay over done and tasteless. My server graciously apologized and said he would return with a replacement momentarilly. He did, and he was quite proud of the fact that, as an apology, they upgraded me from my ordered Rib Eye to a New York Strip. If I had wanted a New York Strip, I would have ordered one. It too was over done and tasteless. And, if you're a fan of French Onion Soup as I am, be warned. Sometimes they have it, sometimes they don't. The folks who started Outback have branched out to include Carrabba's and BoneFish Grille. Looks like they've met the Peter Principal in person.

1  Thank rkhawg