“I would recommend Sonny's”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #45 of 453 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We go there at least twice a month. Absolutely love Sonny's Baby Back Ribs and their pulled pork. Most of the staff is very friendly and the Managers are always very helpful if you have a problem.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I only regret that I was just passing through and didn't have time to get a full meal because the peach cobbler dessert was "amazing!" Just the thought of it now makes me want to drive/fly/swim? or walk to get some! (Well, maybe not swim -but I'd love to have one in the Northeast instead of having to go all the way back to Florida!)
The service for my take-out was pleasant, a suitable indicator that sit-down service would also be a pleasant experience. Perhaps one day soon I will be able to visit them again - hopefully soon!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Sonny's is ok food. The barbeque sauce is great. I will probably eat there again. I've been here in Florida since 2010 and am very disappointed by the selections of barbeque to be found here. If you want some good barbeque then try Rick's on 204 6th St Sw, Winter Haven.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went to this BBQ place in Lakeland, Fl while visiting my mother in law. The restaurant is clean and nice looking inside. The place was crowded for dinner at about 6pm, however we did not have to wait for a table. Service was very good, the waitress was friendly. All three of us ordered pork sandwiches, two being pulled pork, and mine sliced pork. The sandwiches are served on Texas thick style toasted bread. The two pulled pork sandwiches were stacked high with pulled pork. My sliced pork was not nearly as generous. I was very disappointed as all I could taste was the thick bread. If ordering a pork sandwich I would highly recommend the pulled style pork as they seem to be more generous with the pork. Seems each sandwich is served dry as there are four different flavors of BBQ sauce on the table, from mild to hot and regular to sweet. I would try this place again and order the pulled pork, as my wife and mom in law said their sandwiches were excellent.

1  Thank CasinoTripper
Reviewed March 20, 2013

OMG review is spot on the money. Cold food, grumpy service, absolutely no atmosphere and filthy restrooms. Guess that about sums up a real pit. I had brisket and it was dry and tepid but served on garlic toast (my choice) that was grilled earlier and maybe kept on a steam table. My wife had pulled pork and and it was cold and the bun was also. Coleslaw was out of a carton. Server was just an order taker and not very good at that. We were a duece and she didn't remember who got what. The icing on the cake was when my wife returned from the restroom and encouraged me to use one when I stopped for gas, it was likely to be cleaner.

1  Thank Julrah