“Undiscovered”

Antico Wood Fired Pizzeria & Wine Bar
Cuisines: Grill
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Anticos is great spot for pizza or pasta. Don't miss the lasagna. Large selection of beers and wine.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Overall this is one of of the most difficult reviews I've written, great and poor reviews are easy, it's the middle of the road ones that are difficult.
The atmosphere is very nice.
The service was only average at best. It seems they don't break down service into sections but by customers when they walk in, so a server is spread all over the restaurant. It seems very confusing. It could be more organized.
The menu needs to be updated, the pizza sizes have changed, and so have the prices. (Again more confusion.) The waitress told us the updated prices and sizes.
The food was tasty, but quality was a bit inconsistent, overcooked and some undercooked.
The wait staff didn't come around as often as needed.

I'm not sure when I'll be back. There are better pizza places around.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

OK, I admit it. I am addicted to wood-fired pizza and have longed for that option in Lakeland. I was able to convince my husband and some friends to try Antico. We all were not disappointed in the pizza, it was very good. One of our friends had lasagna which he enjoyed. They do advertise themselves as a wine bar so I was disappointed when they ran out of my pick. However, it the restaurant is new and quantities are something they probably haven't figured out yet. The service was spotty which I also am assuming was because of the newness.
Bottom line, we will go again hoping that the blips will be fixed.

1  Thank kkovach
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were so looking forward to something authentic. The pizza,calzone toppings/fillings were cut so thin they had lost any flavor,very skimpy,lots of dough. The Antipasta salad was awful. The salade was nothing but mixed greens,thin slices of black and green olives covered in a lot of bad olive oil,two small circles of pepperoni with cheese wrapped around it. Soooooooo disapponting and we paid 30.00 for the most tasteless skimpy dinner. The wood fired dough was ok. Nothing like the size or pictures on the web site. I guess we'll stick to Palace Pizza, the best in Polk Co.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have been here twice recently. The pizza is quite good. The lavash is a unique type of turkish bread. We had hummus with honey both times to dip the lavash bread into. The margherita pizza was what we had the first time and the bianca the second time, I prefer the margherita.
I did not have a sald, but someone in my party did and said the Greek salad was quite good.