“Mixed Menu, good Tex Mex!”
Review of Dona Julia's

Dona Julia's
Ranked #49 of 453 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Cafe
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is a small, tight restaurant. It appears to have started as a bar as it is long and takes up 1/3 of the restaurant space. No happy hour! Can get pretty crowded. The menu is very diverse and not just Mexican. It has many American options including breakfast. On my Enchilada plate I was able to order black beans (for a change fee) instead of refried. I do not think they had Charo beans. I also ordered onions on my plate (also for a fee). Their sauce is very addictive and tasty, chips typical fare. The Margarita was ok at best and needed another shot of Tequila. The food here is good, I just dont like being "nickled and dimed" for every change or extra small request. I do plan to go back as there is limited Tex Mex in this area thus not much competition.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I can't recall the name of my dish but it was very good! Melted Cheese ground beef wrap with a tasty sauce. With so much wonderful Latin food around its hard to stand out. We've only eaten here once...it was packed with loyal customers....so we will be back!!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Always feel welcomed. Small restaurant but lots of food. Kids big or small can find anything to eat. Surprise is their breakfast, a grilled biscuit melts in your mouth. Portions are great.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

The food is very good, they are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We normally go for breakfast, and the place is always packed!!!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I only have had breakfast here. The wait staff is always great, really top notch. I am a semi-regular, so they know what I order. Trust me, the star here is the homemade salsa, real cilantro is floating in it--watch out for the green salsa, it is really hot. Lately, I am wondering if there is a problem in the kitchen because the food prep has become uneven. Last time I was there, I really couldn't eat my eggs even though I gave specific instructions about how I wanted them cooked. I am taking a break.

1  Thank LuvNYC83