“Fantastic steaks! The best pit stop on I-4!”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #49 of 451 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped here on our way to Clearwater on a Friday night and it was definitely the perfect way to start our mini-vacation.

This Longhorn is huge and it is very nicely decorated. Cow skulls and horse-riding gear adorn the walls, making the place cozy and thematic.

The waitress that attended to us was efficient and friendly.

We started with white cheddar-stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer. They only bring 5 of them, but they are very big and very delicious.

For entrees, she chose the 6-oz renegade sirloin steak (standard issue steak) and I went for the juiciest cut, the ribeye. Let me simply say that they were outstandingly excellent. Longhorn continues to be the chain restaurant that makes the best steak in my opinion. Absolutely juicy cuts, done exactly how we wanted, great proportions at an affordable price...just perfect.

For side dishes, we both chose the white cheddar and bacon mac'n'cheese but they were a bit too salty. I think they underestimated the saltiness of the cheddar and the bacon combined. But the corkscrew pasta used was very tasty and fitting.

For drinks we had blackberry and raspberry sweet tea. They pack an over-sugary punch n the first sip but settle into a good zone a couple of sips later.

In conclusion, truly awesome steaks and a great, great dining experience. Longhorn has completely beat the other chain restaurants in which I've ordered any kind of steaks. Even their standard renegade steaks are better than the rest, so if you decide to indulge in a higher-quality cut, then you'll be in carnivore heaven.

I couldn't have asked for a better restaurant to visit on my birthday.

There are newer reviews for LongHorn Steakhouse