“The Historic District's Best Cuisine!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Terrace Grille

The Terrace Grille
Ranked #27 of 444 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orlando, Florida
“The Historic District's Best Cuisine!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

The Terrace Grille, is located at The Terrace Hotel in heart of Lakeland's quaint historic downtown district. The restaurant is an amazing bastion of big city dining with the tranquility of a beautiful old country town.
This small yet opulent dining establishment is home to the best food I have ever eaten outside of a major city. The menu is a Contemporary American Fusion and is a bit on the expensive spectrum. Nevertheless, it is well worth! particularly during their happy hour, because their appetizers are half off as well as an assortment of good alcoholic beverages. You should inquire before making your reservations.
Also I was a big fan of the rustic charm the hotel's inherently has. The building, looks like something that belonged in New York during the 1920s. Very classy and romantic.

The only foul that I can mention is that the waiters do not seem as organized as you would expect at a fine dining restaurant. Our waiter was not very attentive of us. I know that my girlfriend and I are younger than most guest, and may not be as well of as the other older couples. However, we should have received the same quality of attention to detail as they where.
Not to say that our experience was bad, because it was not. We had a great time!

That is why I gave this restaurant at 4 out of 5 stars.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Lakeland, Florida, United States
“Great Food, Poor Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My family and I have eaten here for years.The food is and has always been amazing.The menu has a variety of unique dishes which leaves you wanting to sample everything on the menu. My issue with this restaurant is the lack of service the past couple of times we've come in for dinner (breakfast/lunch service has never been an issue).Last night my wife and I went in for dinner, there were only 6-7 other tables occupied when we got there and it never got busier.The hostess wasnt hospitable or welcoming, our waitress took forever to great us. We had to ask for things that you shouldn't have to when you are paying $150 on dinner for two people(have had better service at Chili's)... i.e. bread to be brought to the table after our aps had arrived, our waters to be refilled (literally every time).Honestly, if the place is slammed and everyone is stewing and fetching I can understand how thing like that can happen, but again...there were 6-7 tables between 2-3 waitresses.In my humble opinion this is a product of 18% gratuity being added onto the bill which allows people to get decent tips regardless of performance. Bottom line, the food is incredible but the mediocre dinner service is a detriment this restaurant. Which is why it has been a rarity for my family and I to come here for dinner the past few years.Again, breakfast and lunch is a completely different experience servicewise

Gainesville, Florida
“The Best, Period”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I do not see how anyone, however lacking in taste and sophistication, could rate the Terrace Grille as short of the very best restaurant in town. The menu is sophisticated, the wine list excellent, and the food better than any 5-star restaurant in our extensive experience in Florida. We grazed around in the appetizers, and found them artistically and sensitively prepared of fresh and first-quality ingredients. The presentation was skillful and pleasing to the eye, and the food as delightful to eat as it was to the look at. Unable to decide among the half-dozen desserts on offer, we opted for the dessert sampler, a bit of each, including a creme brulee the size of a demitasse cup, a miniature lava chocolate cake, a tiny cheescake, and so forth. It was an interesting and exciting experience in over-indulgence. If you are in the Lakeland area, make a special effort to have dinner at the Terrace Grille. You won't find better in this State. Period.

• Visited July 2014
Lakeland, United States
“The Terrace Hotel's restaurant is always the highlight of an enjoyable visist to downtown.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Recently, some of my family and friends returned to Lakeland after living for years in other states. For the evening we visited one of the festivals at the downtown historic district. Everyone was amazed at the beauty of this area of Lakeland. After the festival we walked to the Terrace Hotel for coffee and desserts. Again, everyone was impressed with the restored grandeur of the hotel and restaurant. It was the perfect atmosphere for good conversation. This has now become a tradition for me when giving guests a tour of Lakeland.

1 Thank Thomas P
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I am never disappointed with the Terrace. Their filets are always cooked to perfection and the atmosphere is romantic and relaxing. Ask about their summer dining card.

Visited July 2014