“Best overall in Lakeland”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Terrace Grille

The Terrace Grille
Ranked #15 of 445 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lakeland, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best overall in Lakeland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

This is the best restaurant overall in consistent quality of food, service and ambiance in Lakeland. Pricey - number one on that too, but worth it, especially if you purchase the April to November two-for-one card - this year $60. Once the snowbirds arrive, they don't need the locals business. Catering is supurb - if you can describe it they will make it. Flawless preparation, and if it is not to your satisfaction. Crab cakes are all crab meat and delicious. Sunday brunches have a wide range of choices - Eggs Benedict are outstanding.

Visited November 2011

Leawood, Kansas
“Excellent Menu - Great Execution - Slow Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

The Terrace is in a renovated 1930's hotel and sits across from a charming square in downtown Lakeland. It oozes class from the past. We were seated almost immediately as the restaurant became progressively busy.

The menu is impressive with continental classics, steak, lamb and plenty of fish dishes from which to choose.

We were first served drinks and enjoyed the casual conversation as we awaited the waitress to take our order. Drinks were consumed but no waitress in sight. Finally I got up and went searching. I found her and asked that she refresh our drinks and take orders. She complied.

I ordered a rucola salad with vinaigrette. My main course would be rack of lamb. The meal came slowly. The rucola salad was excellent, if not frugal in its portion. I love this spicy green that is sold in grocery stores as an herb but is a salad staple in most of Europe.

Again, we waited forever for our main course. It finally came and was worth the wait. My lamb was perfectly grilled and was served with garlic mashed potatoes and spinach; a favorite treat for me. Everything was in perfect quantity and perfect temperature.

I consumed two glasses of the house cabernet which was good but not spectacular. After dinner, we sat forever again before our rather "blonde" waitress finally came around to see if we were still there. So much time had transpired, that most of our party of 5 were not interested in dessert. One of the 5 couldn't resist and ordered a chocolate lava cake and 5 spoons. I'm not a chocolate lava cake aficionado so I declined to participate in the small group dessert. But from what I could gather, it was enjoyed by all.

I didn't see the dinner bill but I suspect that based upon the menu pricing, it was substantially expensive. I will return to Terrace and hope that it will be on a slower night where the service would be more in tune with the fantastic menu and kitchen execution.

Plenty of parking in this charming downtown area with a parking structure just across the square from the restaurant.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank IMFLYBOY
Houston, Texas
“Fantastic Restaurant in Lakeland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

This restaurant provides a lovely atmosphere and fantastic service for a special evening out for dinner. The food was wonderful for breakfast and dinner as I dined here numerous times while staying at the Terrace Hotel.

• Visited February 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Over Priced Yuck”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

I had a very expensive and disappointing brunch. I do not mind paying for atmosphere but Ihop has better food. My Eggs Benedict were 16 bucks and very Waffle House.

Salem, Massachusetts
“Very good - super pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Nice atmosphere, prompt service, server needed more training, she was kind of hesitant and forgetful. Very large portions, you could easily get away with ordering two apps instead of a meal. Wine was very good, cosmos were outstanding. Sampler dessert was easily split by two. Lots of whipped cream....yum.

Expensive was $270 for three people including 1 glass of wine and two cocktails. Apps were $18 each, entree were $38 each. Bring your wallet you are gonna need it.

• Visited December 2011