“Long overdue closure of weak franchise”
Review of TGI Friday's Lakeland - CLOSED

TGI Friday's Lakeland
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I continue to be a HUGE fan of the Friday's brand/product, and eat at various locations multiple times weekly. I ate at this location numerous times when visiting family living in Lakeland. If eating in the dining room the result was almost always the same: dismal service and substandard food. That's where I'd sit with family, and I always hoped the next visit would be better, but it rarely was. Very embarrassing each and every time.

I could go by myself and sit at the bar, and the service was repeatedly superb, and the food would be delivered timely and at a proper temperature. Two of the veteran bar tenders there were always magnificent. But I couldn't always choose eating at the bar with a group, nor should I have been expected to.

Multiple times I told servers and some management that I was surprised they continued to stay operational. It seemed that my concern/opinion did not matter to them at all. More than once I had to ask my server, "What is this? This is not what I ordered." Completely different menu item. Guest recovery in those instances was pretty much non-existent.

I'm concerned about the jobs lost for those couple of people who were a picture of excellence. I'm also glad that this location is now 'history' and no longer dilutes the TGIF brand, which thrives in locations where customer service is a focus, and not an after-thought. It will now require a distant drive for locals to experience TGIF, but it will be worth it. What they had was a poor imitation.

2  Thank DGP1111

Reviewed January 11, 2014

As of 01/11/2014, this restaurant is gone. As we arrived today, everything was being removed and the building was being prepared for demolition. The construction person told me there was no plan to rebuild and it is closed for good.

2  Thank jaraysco
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner the other night. This was my first time to TGI Friday's and I was not disappointed. The atmosphere was very charming and the waitress was great. We ordered the Hibachi Chicken Skewers with rice and veggies. It was a very good. We will definitely be back for more.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We reside near this restaurant and for some reason other than peak times it's a ghost town. I think it's the location because the food here is always prepared well, and tastes great. The restaurant is always clean. The service is average, depending on who you get. Seems that when it's slow they get frustrated with not having customers and that is visible in several ways. Still the food is really good. There are always specials (check online for coupons too). My guess is this restaurant is just not one folks think of for lunch or a family weekday/ weeknight meal, but it's good, fairly priced and should be considered.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We arrived around 4:00 on a Saturday afternoon and there were hardly any patrons seated. The service was very slow as was the kitchen. The food was good but not worth the time it took to get it.

1  Thank Val S