“Great Ambience, sound food though limited menu”
Review of Patio 850

Patio 850
Ranked #70 of 447 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American, International, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Beverley
“Great Ambience, sound food though limited menu”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great to sit outdoors, and eat good food, drink good wine with decent singer on tha patio
Menus was a little limiting and my main flat bread could have done with a salad to balance the meal/offset the sauce.
The popcorn starter was great and all 3 of us thought very tasty.
Costs fair and service very good.

• Visited October 2013

Lakeland FL
“Limited Menu Good Food”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The food offerings at Patio 850 are limited, many of them appear to be new dishes that the chef has developed. This is good if you are adventuresome in dining tastes, but not so good if you like to stay with the traditional. Good selections of wine and beers. I would venture to say there is an identity crisis. On the one hand, it is a good place to get together after a show or event. But in trying to be a full service restaurant, it is lacking. Service a little on the slow side.

• Visited October 2013
Lakeland, Florida, United States
“Great Food, Great Service.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had never heard of this place until I was invited to an engagement party that took place yesterday. My wife and I were blown away with the food, aside from everything that we tried being amazing, many of the dishes were creations that you wouldn't be able to get at other restaurants. One of the previous reviewers mentioned that they were disappointed in the bacon popcorn, out of the group of people I was with, it was one of our favorite dishes. The jack cheese and crab dip was also top notch, there was plenty of crab in the dip that we were served. To top it off, the service couldn't have been any better.

• Visited September 2013
Tampa, Florida
“One of my favorites!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Being originally from The Netherlands, any opportunity to dine outdoors is being grasped with both hands. Patio 850 brings a casual atmosphere, live music and excellent food that is different from any chain restaurant. I have been coming here since they were the Red Door.

It would be awesome to have a movie night during the dark winter months.

Other than that: if you're in Lakeland, this is one of the places to chilllax!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank DoDutch
Lakeland, Florida
“Disappointing...”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

After reading the reviews my wife and I felt compelled to visit for dinner. We enjoyed it when it was the Red Door. My wife had requested a wine which she enjoys only to find they were out, which happens, our server suggested another which she ordered and enjoyed but would have preferred her original choice. Perhaps it was our food selections but we were both highly disappointed. For starters we were compelled to try the bacon popcorn which was nothing more than a piece of minced fatty bacon on top of a bowl of popcorn, it lacked any flavor but sadly was the best item of the night. My wife ordered a jack cheese and crab dip which was all cream cheese, no crab in site... and I had their chicken wings which some people may enjoy but I didn't care for because they were all stringy dark meat drum sticks ( I was only able to stomach two of them). The part that bothered us the most was once we got the bill we discovered that the wine that was suggested was several dollars more than the wine they had run out of. My wife was shocked and asked if they would reduce the cost to her original order which they no longer had. The waitress was sweet and said she would see what she could do, 20 minutes later a manager finally approached me (my wife had to leave and I was still waiting to pay) and after I explained what the waitress already told him he said "We don't do that". He wan't rude, just not friendly, non apologetic and left me uncomfortable. I payed and left. I will not return.

• Visited May 2013