“Good food”

Fat Maggie's
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fat Maggie's is best described as New American comfort food. A new swing on the classics you could say. Our focus is to create a warm, fun, inviting atmosphere where you can enjoy delicious food!
Reviewed August 11, 2013

It was pretty good. I loved the sides and desserts. The atmosphere was trendy, but very small. There are like apx 10 tables total. The brisket was kind of dry, I would like to try the puller pork next time. There was no ribs... we originally went for the ribs from other reviews on Yelp, but found out they dont do ribs anymore. =( The price was fair. No bad, I will give it another try.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Oh how I'd I start. One of the best meals ever! I started off with Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, homemade chips and beer cheese dip. Then I have the evening special, beer braised short ribs, with mashed potatoes and gravy, and grilled asparagus. As if this wasn't enough, I just had to ave the candied bacon, and yes I was in hog heaven. To top off the dinner, I had their homemade banana pudding with whiskey bourbon whipped cream. This was an extra yummo and will definitely be going back on a regular basis.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Brisket is great, Juicy, meaty, fills you up.
The casserole is rich.
You'll want to eat about half and take the rest home.

Small little building, about 20 seats total. Very small and cozy in a good way.
A great place you will want to tell your friends about, a "best kept secret" kinda place.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

BBQ beef brisket and mac n cheese. I've had better of both, but it was still delicious. My friend had a pulled pork sandwich and ate it all, and said it was great.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Granted, the location in an alley is not an ideal one, but the area is very clean, quiet and enjoyable. It's not big, inside or outside but it has a good atmosphere.

Food is good as well - make and name your own sandwiches with a big variety of ingredients.

Parking is plenty and you can bike safely from downtown.

I'll eat there at least once a month.