“Excellent”

Fat Maggie's
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fat Maggie's is best described as New American comfort food. A new swing on the classics you could say. Our focus is to create a warm, fun, inviting atmosphere where you can enjoy delicious food!
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Visiting from DC. The was a great choice. Get the truffle fries. They are better than the Capital Grill.

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

This may be my new favorite spot! Great pulled pork, grilled asparagus and deserts. They also serve beer and wine. A little challenging to locate since it on an alley in the Dixieland area of Lakeland, but well worth the effort.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had been looking forward to dining at Fat Maggie's since they first announced plans for the place a few years ago. I finally gave it a try the other night and as the title suggests, I was not too impressed with my meal. I ordered pulled pork with fries and asparagus. The pulled pork was barely warm and was very bland. Making the meat even colder was bbq sauce right out of the fridge. The sides were decent, but overall the quality didn't match the price in my opinion. The place is tiny inside but they do have patio seating. On the plus side they have craft beer. I am not saying I won't eat there again, but with very few menu items I think they should all be excellently done. Also, my wife did enjoy her burger.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

New start up business worth going to. The first weeks were a bit chaotic, but the next time we went there things were better. The food is great and well made. It is mostly cooked to order, so don't expect a quick meal as soon as you order. For the price I will be going back every chance I get, and feel that it is worth a try. If you go earlier in the day, you may get in quicker, because seating is limited.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I loved it! I'm almost afraid to review it because I don't want people to find this little treasure. It's hidden in Lakeland. Everytime I go it's crowded, and I keep going back so I think this place is here to stay. The food was great - I had Kobe corn dogs, with a peach whisky sauce that was amazing for starters. I've tried the brisket (good, but it is a tad fatty), the macaroni is sooooo good (a little burnt on the top which I like). The pulled pork nachos=amazing. Banana pudding is great, so is the grilled chicken. Can't wait to go back and try the burgers. Service is friendly (understanding it's a small joint I don't expect super fast or fancy service). Loved the cute salt shakers and mason jar lanterns.