“Very good buffet”

China Mei Wei Buffet
Ranked #337 of 457 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It seems all Chinese buffets look the same. I think they must have a standard setup for these places. But the quality of food makes the difference here.

My wife is picky when it comes to Asian buffets. After all, she is Asian and should be able to speak more authoritatively than I can. In her opinion, the food was fresh and tasted great. She was happy to have an overwhelming amount of shrimp choices. Everything else was very good too. One exception, their soups were not that good, wonton had little taste and hot and sour didn't have punch.

We late lunch there after visiting Safari Wilderness Ranch. The time of day, it seems most Chinese buffets food freshness drops. This place proved to be a happy exception to that.

BTW, even though it is over an hour away from home, my wife wants to go back. And during our next trip to Orlando, I think we will.

1  Thank Richard E

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We visited Mei Wei twice since we moved to Lakeland, Florida and the food is very bland and ordinary, mostly american style, cafeteria buffet food. Certainly not a large variety of good chinese dishes. Buffet is way over-priced for the lack of choices and the low quality of food.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant has a cold bar with desert, fruit and salad items, 3 hot bars, sushi bar and a grill where you pick the items you want prepared. They also have an ice cream freezer with about 6 different flavors available. The food is always good. The employees are friendly and make you feel welcome. They also have crab legs on the hot bar. I visit this restaurant often and always find it to be clean. The dinner price is a little higher so I usually go during lunch times. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes a chinese buffet.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

This buffet has a nice selection of hot and cold foods. They also have a Mongolian grill where you choose raw foods and they are flash cooked. Prices are in line with other buffets. They have a nice selection of sushi rolls, but if they offer sashimi we have not seen it. They have a cold salad and dessert buffet line with the usual small cakes and pastries, fruit, and cold shrimp and shellfish. The restaurant is always clean and service is adequate. Overall a nice buffet meal.

1  Thank MrPDaddy