“Hidden Treasure in Lakeland”

Circle B Bar Reserve
Ranked #1 of 54 things to do in Lakeland
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I love this place it feels like I am i am away from everything. It is relaxing fun beautiful and best of all free :)

There are newer reviews for Circle B Bar Reserve

Reviewed July 29, 2013

See nature all around as you walk the trails. Remember all animals are wild. Last visit we saw over 20 alligators, 2 wild pigs, a few snakes, eagles, hawks and many other species of birds along with many butterflies. Bring your walking shoes.

2  Thank Linda S
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We visited Circle B while on vacation in Florida. We aren't Disney people and were looking for wildlife viewing opportunities as well economical fun! We saw butterflies, turkey, an owl, too many other types of birds to list, turtles, and a few alligators. Part of the trail was closed because of mating/nesting activity of the gators. And with it being so hot, the gators were out in the middle of lake and not very to the shore. We did see a few in the water alongside the trail. A couple we saw there said in February and cooler months there can be 50-100 gators visible. So, we missed these opportunities, but certainly a wonderful nature experience for folks from Missouri!!

1  Thank Bensfamily
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Circle B has become a place my family and I love to visit regularly. You never know what your going to see, but you can be sure that you will see some gators out on the lake. Also a Great place a picnic. My children thought it was so cool that we had breakfast there and then went for our morning walk. WE LOVE CIRCLE B!

1  Thank asmith832
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I came to the Circle B Bar Reserve for an event. I can not wait to go back on a less crowded day and just sit and listen to the noises of the wild. The place is gorgeous with some amazing trails. You get to walk through forest (and central Florida forest often equals jungle like), prairie and swamp. I brought my bicycle and did perfectly fine on all the trails with it, however, this would not be good after a heavy rain as much is dirt trail through swampy land so keep that in mind. The animals, not having to worry about humans as enemies (hunters, trappers, etc) just sit there and let you photograph them. I photographed a blind mole (until she crawled back in her hole), a hawk, an osprey, aligators and black headed vultures. If you are into geocaching there's many great caches out here. Also, we really enjoyed the Discovery Center and learned a lot. All the folks there were very friendly, even on a busy day.

2  Thank Amy M