“Superb!”

Champinos
Ranked #203 of 445 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Berlin ct
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Trip Advisor steered us straight on this Italian restaurant coming back from Disney. Tony the owner was charming! Took our order too! The pasta fagiole was wonderful with a secret ingredient. The shrimp scampi was awesome - best wine sauce ever and shrimp were big. Eggplant parm was delicious too. Stop by for a great meal. Ciao!

Gainesville Florida
“Small Package Big Flavors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

On Saturday March 1 we were visiting Lakeland for a Detroit Tigers Spring training game. An afternoon game left us with time for an evening meal out to cap off the warm, sunny day. Our friends had been to Champino’s the previous night and wanted an encore so we went along. If you want the commercial dinning atmosphere of Olive Garden or Carrabba’s you will be disappointed with this diamond in the rough. This small family run establishment chooses to win your loyalty with their awesome food rather than by a fancy building and spacious dining rooms.
The gracious and doting Mama oversees the small storefront seating area. Her two energy filled daughters keep the food coming to the customers from the well-equipped and very visible kitchen where at least three men were busy plating the hot, delicious food. I had the fettuccine alfredo. With the first taste, I knew I was enjoying possibly the best fettuccine alfredo I had ever had. By the time I had completed the generous serving, I could not remember a better one in my 59 plus years. The other diners in my party were equally satisfied. Prices here are a steal so enjoy the wine the food and the sassy servers. If you have never been a member of an Italian family, eat here to see how it works. I will be looking for an excuse to go back to Lakeland just to visit Champino’s again!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank GvilleTraveler_9
Lakeland, Florida, United States
“Classy, relaxing, delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ordered a pizza which is made to order, piping hot, delicious, and big. Watching ballgame on t.v., enjoying quite conversation. We will definitely be back often. Its my new favorite place close to home.

1 Thank Eddie W
Polk City, Florida
“Best Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Champinos is our favoriate Italian Restaurant. The food is the best and the only thing better is the owner and all the people that work there. We highly recommend this restaurant to all of our friends and anyone looking for a relaxed friendly atmosphere. We have tried many items on the menu during our dinners there and they are all excellent.

• Visited December 2013
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Nice out of the way Italian Rest.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We've been going to Lakeland for vacations to visit friends for some time. They introduced us to a great Italian restaurant on the Northside of town close to Sandpiper. Food is outstanding and always freshly prepared. Pizza is better than average and versus the chain Italian available in Lakeland this place is a bargain. Try the Chicken Parm....it's amazing!!

• Visited August 2013