“Delicious!”
Review of Saigon Bistro

Saigon Bistro
Ranked #24 of 446 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Brand new, so not much info out there other than Yelp reviews.
Description: Brand new, so not much info out there other than Yelp reviews.
plant city
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We went there on a Monday right when they opened at 11am. The place was empty, our waitress was super friendly, the overall place n bathroom were clean. The lettuce wraps n the chicken pad thai were fresh and tasty. My picky husband got a plate of rice, beef n chicken stir fry w veggies n he did not complain a bit. Will definitely go back soon!

Lakeland, Florida
“A promising start for a much needed Lakeland restaurant”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife & I have eaten here three times now and I think we've got enough of a handle on their restaurant to give a meaningful review. We're huge fans of Vietnamese cuisine. We've eaten in numerous Vietnamese restaurants and cook it at home regularly. The restaurant itself is clean, modern, trendy looking, and HORRENDOUSLY noisy. The ambiance of the restaurant would be enormously improved if they'd invest in a few acoustic controls for echo. The staff may get overwhelmed during crowded times, but the majority of staff are polite, friendly, and take a genuine interest in their patrons. A few staff show have shown signs of being newbies to the restaurant biz, but nothing too far off the mark from what I've seen. Ideally, I'd like to see a little more separation among their tables, but they're going for more of a casual dining experience, so their rather cramped tables aren't out of place. Their cuisine has been mostly well done, some dishes so-so, and one bowl of beef Pho was among the best two or three bowls of the many I've eaten in my life. Our first visit was a bit of downer because they must have run out of fresh herbs on that weekend and the Bun & Pho we had was sorely lacking in fresh herbal accents. Hopefully, that was an initial teething pain for them. One miss; I really wish diners could get a nice, spicy, vinegary Nuoc Mam sauce if they'd like it. If you aren't familiar with Vietnamese cuisine, you might have a wee bit of trouble understanding the ins and outs of the menu and the sauces on the table, but that's the norm for Vietnamese restaurants all over the USA from my experience. The best Vietnamese restaurant in the USA I ever ate at had no English whatsoever on the menu, the servers spoke no English, and we just pointed at what we wanted on the picture menu. So, step outside your comfort zone and give one of the healthiest and tastiest cuisines on earth a chance.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank WillL57
Winter Haven, Florida
“Great Food, Locally Owned”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The best spring rolls anywhere! Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The food is delicious, made to order, fresh and hot. It's a fantastic new addition in Lakeside Village.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank 63Kathyd
Sebring, Florida
“Great Place to Eat”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This was our first visit to this restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The owner was attentive and visited our table more than once letting us know she appreciated our business. The food was authentic Vietnamese cuisine, freshly made to order. Everything, including the crispy Spring rolls, was fresh and delicious. The service was great. I enjoyed the rich Vietnamese coffee with my meal. The restaurant is located in an upscale shopping center which is a great place to stroll around after your meal. Saigon Bistro was exceptionally clean including the restrooms. Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
Lakeland, Florida
“Locally owned, delicious, and a great value!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

We've been here a couple times, and both times it was excellent. We just went tonight again an the red curry was amazing. For a dinner to be under 10 bucks, be filling, and taste great is tough to find. But SB is perfect for a casual, quick meal. It's worth coming to lakeside village just to eat here. This will be on our short list of restaurants in town, and our first pick when trying to squeeze in a solid meal before a movie.