“Don't miss it!”

Silvermoon Drive-in
Ranked #1 of 15 Fun & Games in Lakeland
“Don't miss it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Silver Moon Drive-in was SO MUCH FUN! I've always wanted to go to a drive-in, and this was my first experience with one and Silver Moon did not let me down! Viewing quality is great, price is amazing, and it was all in all a very fun date :) I would recommend stopping here even if you are just passing through Polk county!

7 attraction reviews
“Affordable and Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been to this drive-in more times than I can count since moving to lakeland. Where else can you take a family to the movie theaters for under $20? no where, and where can you bring your toddler and infant without having to feel like you have to "Head for the hills" when they start to cry. This is truly designed with families in mind. One can only question why most drive-in's were tanked, but luckily this one still remains intact. Recommend getting there early if it is a first run movie,

Sevierville, Tennessee
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“No Silver Lining here !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

After living in central Florida for 8 years, I finally convinced my wife to go with me to a drive-in movie. It has been 40 plus years since either of us has attended a drive-in movie so we both were using our past experiences on what we anticipated we would find once we arrived at the Silver Moon Drive-In in Lakeland. We sadly did not have a positive experience. We arrived 1 1/2 hours prior to the start of the feature, The Lone Ranger. The topography is not what I had experienced for a drive-in theater. The land is basically a flat piece of property and it has two screens available. I have never been to a drive-in that had this type of set up. It was an issue, trying to listen to your movie, and hearing the other feature movie over the other speakers in the background. To make the situation more unpleasant, the property is right next to an active railroad line, which had trains come through during the movie.

At all the other drive-in theaters I have attended, the land is laid out in somewhat of a sloping manner, and this somewhat gives everyone a stadium type effect for better viewing. Also, it was always enforced that larger vehicles were required to park in the last two rows so that trucks and vans would not block the view of standard cars. Silver Moon has no such policy so if you are unlucky to be in a smaller car and then have a van or very large crew cab pickup pull in front of your space, you could lose part of your viewing space.

Also, at every drive in I have every been to, running your engine during the movie was NOT permitted. Not enforced at Silver Moon. We had a Chevy Silverado with a crew cab and long bed pull in next to us about 10 minutes before the movie started. So moving was not something we could do at this point. These folks right next to us left their engine on the entire movie. Their engine running, and the over-flow of the sound from the other feature, almost made it impossible to hear the dialog of the movie. This was compounded with the speaker we had shorting the volume in and out for no apparent reason without being touched. I turned down our speaker and you could tell that the volume flux was common to all the speakers.

We would not attend another movie here.

Lakeland, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Real Bargain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I love the Silver Moon Drive-In. It is a great place to take the family out for the movie and not break the bank. Double screens with double features and usually at least one if not two first run features to choose from. Very relaxed atmosphere. The one drawback is I don't care for their popcorn. I have never had a batch that tastes fresh so I usually pop some just prior to leaving home because it just isn't a movie night without popcorn.

Visited May 2013
Celebration, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing, Cheap, Family Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is an easy evening with the family. Cost is $2/kid and $4/adult for 1st run movies. You get to choose from 2 different screens and each screen shows 2 movies. The bathrooms could be cleaner but other then that it is an incredible value. Bought large popcorn last night for only $4.75 and it comes with a free refill. Where else can you go for a family of 4 and spend less then $20 which includes some snacks. You can also bring coolers if you have the time to pack one. Have fun we always do!

Visited June 2013