“Delicious”

Cuisines: Cuban
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Family enjoyed some excellent new flavors. Great service and food. :)
We will definitely be going back again!

Visited April 2014

Roanoke, Virginia
“Excellent taste of Cuba”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

After a disappointing rainout of the Detroit Tigers-Washington Nationals game in Lakeland, my wife and I decided to console ourselves with a good Cuban meal. We were NOT disappointed in that part of the day!

Our waiter was incredibly friendly and helpful in explaining some dishes we had not seen at our hometown Cuban restaurants. My variety platter had steak, shrimp and pork. The pork and shrimp were especially tasty. I think a rule of thumb at most Cuban restaurants is to avoid the steak. Most seem to be much more at home preparing pork and seafood. My wife got a seafood platter with a very tasty tilapia serving. The sides were very good as was the cup of Cuban coffee that we finished with.

Hopefully next spring we will return to Lakeland for a game and our post-game meal will again be West Caribbean Cuban Restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Craig H
Polk City, Florida
“Another Wonderful Lunch”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our favorite place for lunch when in South Lakeland. Great Cuban sandwich, "black beans & rice" and a "potato ball" a very filling lunch. Good food, service and prices tell it all.

Visited March 2014
Madison, Alabama
“Worth a trip back”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

After a morning of birding at the Circle Bar B Reserve, we took the short drive into Lakeland for lunch. Based on reviews we chose the West Caribbean Cuban. We were not disappointed. I had an assortment of appetizers for lunch, others had sandwiches and salads. All very good. Unique menu. Have to try something else different next time like the goat or ox tail or some Cuban pork specialty.

• Visited January 2014
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Great cuban food!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was looking for a good cuban restaurant in Lakeland and tried the West Caribbean Cuban restaurant. I had the roast pork with black beans/rice combo and plantains. The food was excellent and there was so much that I had the leftovers for lunch the next day. This is now one of my favorite places to eat in Lakeland. Highly recommend!

• Visited January 2014