“Best day ever”

Safari Wilderness
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tours daily BY RESERVATION ONLY. Have you ever dreamed of going on an authentic safari? At Safari Wilderness, you will enjoy fresh air year-round as enormous birds soar overhead. Our knowledgeable and experienced guides will tour you through 260 acres, interacting with huge herds of wetland exotic species, Watusi cattle, and Haflinger horses in custom safari vehicles, fitted with shade canopies and stadium seating. Or book a camelback or horseback game viewing safari tour. A llama trek is also available. Indulge your senses in a ring-tailed lemur feeding. Safari Wilderness is a Florida agritourism project. Located 6 mi. north of I-4 between Orlando and Tampa in an expansive and pristine wilderness area.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was trying to find something to do with some friends and family. I decided on Safari Wilderness Ranch. This was the best time I have had at any attraction in Florida. We have done the Disney's, Busch Gardens, Sea World and all the other attractions in Central Florida. At Safari Wilderness, my grandchildren, family and friends got to get up close and personal with animals that are extinct or near extinct in the wild. I loved seeing baby animals that couldn't survive in the wild but are so healthy and thriving here. All of the animals look so healthy and well taken care of. What a thrill to feed water buffalo by hand and look eye to eye with an ostrich without any fencing between us. You haven't lived until you have seen a ZeeDonk. We saw so many animals, I can't even remember all the names but I remember so many details about them. We had the most knowledgable young tour guide. She was amazing. She was so funny and full of information about all the animals. We were able to see a nest with ostrich eggs and when we got back to the welcome center, we were able to handle one. I could go on and on about what a wonderful trip we had but I would run out of room. I am so impressed with the ranch that I am going to check into volunteer opportunities there. I just loved it that much. People can keep Disney World and all the other "tourist traps". This is the real thing and I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank maclyatt
Alex S, Manager at Safari Wilderness, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for Safari Wilderness

Reviewed March 6, 2013

When we talk about our 10-day trip to the Orlando area, the first thing we mention is our wonderful experience at the Safari Wilderness Ranch. Better late than never, we actually visited in April 2012, not long after the park opened. Aside from a few booking glitches (book early and double-check your arrangements later! If in doubt, check again!), the trip off the beaten path was well worth it. Gone are the glitz and mandated memories of a certain other animal park. It's just you and the animals, baby! ...and a couple of knowledgeable and enthusiastic hosts. You will get much closer to the animals, feed some gentle water buffalo (the safer kind) and have an opportunity to feed lemurs (don't miss this experience!). A large variety of African and Asian animals are wandering the ranges, with varying degrees of curiosity towards their human voyeurs. The tour bus wasn't too crowded, so lots of room to wander from side to side, depending on where the action is. It is also mercifully covered, to protect from the sun, but open to catch the breezes and delicate odeurs.

We got a Living Social deal, but after the experience, I would have paid full price. The tour was an outstanding opportunity for us and our 12-yr old animal lover. I understand there's more activities available now, but they are icing on the mud pie!

1  Thank famdamily99

Thank you for the fantastic write-up! We hope you choose to visit us upon your next visit to central Florida!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I really enjoyed it. It felt like a real safari. Our driver and our tour guide were excellent. We saw exotic animals that were so much better in front of us than if we saw then in pictures. It was so refreshing to see them running around free, instead of zoo like conditions which now seem deplorable. All in all, it was a wonderful family experience.

1  Thank ARM34

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the tour with your family—we aim to make our experience as close to a "real" safari as possible, and it is music to our ears that we've achieved this. We hope to have you and your family back to visit!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had the most wonderful tour. The animals came right up to the bus. Tour guide and driver were very knowledgeable and entertaining.

1  Thank Ray S

Ray, so glad to hear you had a wonderful tour! Come back and see us again!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed this experience with our grandchildren. It was quite cool the day we went, but we were warned by the owner to dress warm. Our guide was very knowledgeable and answered everyone's questions. The kids and adults loved feeding the Water Buffalo (food
supplied by the owner). They came right up to the bus. The driver and guide seemed to know all the animals by name. I would definitely go back, but on a warmer day.

1  Thank Melanie R
Alex S, Manager at Safari Wilderness, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

We're glad you had an enjoyable experience! The water buffalo are, indeed, very sweet.

No worries—it will be warm again soon! We hope to have you back!