“very bad experience”

BD's Mongolian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
BD's Mongolian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 447 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Since 1992, bd's Mongolian Grill(R) has been delivering unique, interactive dining experiences that set us apart from the competition and is the world's number one create your own stir-fry restaurant concept. Focusing on Fun, Choice and Control we have created a growing band of loyal customers that believe passionately about their ability to take charge of their own dining experience. Our "You Rule the Experience" philosophy gives guests ownership in choosing their own ingredients from a great variety of choice meats and seafood, fresh vegetables, crisp salads, and flavor-packed sauces and spices. The food is then prepared by expert grillers on a 600° 7-foot grill. Bd's also has a variety of delicious appetizers to start off your meal and desserts to finish as well as vegetarian and gluten free options.Every meal includes our homemade soup and salad bar & a choice of white rice, brown rice, tortillas or lettuce wraps to accompany your stir-fry creation. Tuesday's are Family Fun Day where kids, ages 4-10 eat free with the purchase of one adult stir-fry meal per child and kids ages 3 and under eat free EVERY DAY!
florida
“very bad experience”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner on sat night 5/18. My dinner was cross contaminated with shrimp from someone elses during cooking process. I am allergic to shrimp causes me itching and swelling. The waitress was genuinely concerned but the manager was more concerned in pointing out a small window that says allergy zone and that is where I should have gone for food prep. I was advised to make another bowl which i did but was not able to enjoy my dinner as i was itching all over my mouth. I was charged full price for a very bad experience. I did not ask for a comp on my dinner i wanted to see how they would handle it. Our waitress was great but the manager failed big time. This place is expensive at over 30 dollars for two without drinks.

Visited May 2013

Lakeland, Florida
“Had to go, no choice!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

bd’s Mongolian Grill in Lakeland Town Center
Had to go, no choice! They sent out a BOGO email to Club Mongo members good today only (05/13/2013) so we felt ‘obliged’ to take them up on their offer. Add to that my wife likes the place (a lot) and our lunch decision was obvious. Service is usually good and food is hot off the grill.

bd’s offers an abundant assortment of meats, seafood, vegetables and enough sauces and spices to confuse almost anyone. Since you get to mix and match what you put in the bowl, you can only blame yourself if it’s not to your liking. That’s why you should not try and get too creative (unless you know what you’re doing). Adding too much of too many spices may not turn out like you expect. If you’ve never been, I recommend you check out their ‘sauce menu board’ on the wall beforehand and then ‘keep it simple’.
You can too easily overdo!

After you pile you bow high with ingredients, you hand it off the cook and they stir-fry it on a big round open grill while you watch. If you like your vegetable well cooked, ask and they will add some water to better steam your vegetables. I’m still never quite sure if what I’m butting in the bowl is what I liked last time but I now try and follow my own advice and keep it to just a few things.

White and brown rice, tortillas and lettuce leafs (for wrapping) are included with your meal and if you go away hungry, it’s you own fault. One bowl will feed a BIG appetite.

• Visited May 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Unique twist on Japanese Steakhouse”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I went there last night and was very happily surprised. After being seated we gave our drink orders and then we were each given a bowl to go through the buffet line to chose our food items. Chose from an assortment of meats and seafood, then the veggie buffet and finally a large choice of sauces that you want your dish prepared with. After that you go to the bar and watch as the chefs prepare your food Japanese Steakhouse style with the "show". The there is a salad and soup area. Food was delicious and fresh.

• Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Florida
“Custom Asian food”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Good food and great for people who are particular about what they eat. Put just what you want in a bowl and have it cooked. Staff will even provide ingredient lists for the sauces, and meals can either be cooked in a single-use wok, or on the main grill separated by "swords" to keep your selections as untouched as possible by others' meals. Busy place, though, so be sure to call ahead to add your name to the waiting list. Join their Mongo Club to get discounts.

Visited March 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Food for fun”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a concept that works, but I agree with other reviewers - it pays to put a little thought into the mix that you bring to the stove top.

Visited February 2013