“what a great surprise!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Romeo's Pizzeria

Romeo's Pizzeria
Ranked #51 of 445 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Clermont, Florida
“what a great surprise!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I drove a little over an hour to meet some great friends at this restaurant. We were skeptical at first, because my wife, who's italian mother was a fantastic cook as well as a great cook herself , is VERY critical of italian restaurants. In fact , in our thirty plus years of marriage there may be only one other italian restaurant that she like.
The place was bright and clean. The service was great and very friendly. They made us feel like family.
The food was FANTASTIC . This was one of the best meals we have had , Italian or otherwise .
And best of all , my wife LOVED IT!!!.
We plan to visit again and again .....

5 Thank CAPUMA

Chicago, Illinois
“Great food & services!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

After recent “not so good” reviews, we were skeptic about this place but considering other positive ones, decided to give it a try anyway are so glad that we did. It was entirely positive experience. Food and service both were excellent, fresh and delicious food with attentive service at great prices, what else can you ask for!!!

4 Thank Travelling151
Lakeland, Florida
“Best Italian Food in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is by far best Italian restaurant in town. We have been going to this place at least once a week for last 2 years. I love their garlic knots. They make everything fresh. We always have great service, delicious food and huge portions. My kids always enjoy pepperoni pizza and I like Chicken Parmesan. I have recommended this place to many friend and they have enjoyed food and value.

4 Thank MelG433
Lakeland, Florida
“Downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

We have been going to Romeo's for years, 2-3 times a week. The new owner is more concerned with profit than keeping the restaurant successful. He no longer has anyone in house to make deserts, now he buys subpar deserts (more than likely from Sam's) and he recently changed the type of fries he makes for the lunch specials. Romeo's used to have the best tasting fries in Lakeland, now they are mediocre at best. The pizzas, as noted by another, lack the taste they once had due to a change in the cheese, the cheese is practically tasteless. I won't give up entirely yet, but any more changes and this restaurant can say goodbye to this once loyal customer.

3 Thank RSPRB
Lakeland
“BEWARE... BITTER CHEF... UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I go to Romeo's at least 3-4 times a week and always order extra to go. Since the new owner had taken over there have been changes. He is very nice, but is either manipulated by bitter chefs/cooks or is himself a charlatan. Example: the other day I ordered my normal pizza with steak and one to go. When it came, it had no pizza sauce on it. The waitress (who is always sweet) told the chef/cook and the owner came and apologized. Since both pizzas were wrong and it was now close to closing they remade both to go. When we got home my mother tried a piece and said it tasted funny. I tried one the next day, and there was a distinctive odd taste. When I tried the steak by itself I realized that it was what was bad. Compared to the slices they had given us from the no sauce pizza, which they had given us, the meat had been obviously sabotaged. There is no way that pizzas made within 15 minutes of each other could taste so different without tampering. I tried talking to the owner, who knows me well as a customer, and he offered to replace one pizza (they never even discounted the two that were messed up) but even with that he tried blaming the way I ordered. The single replacement pizza was horrible to. They had used obviously reheated steak and it was just plain bad. I have eaten almost everything on there menu but will not be going back after this. Watch out for food tampering!

Visited March 2014