“Decent Local Joint” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Decent Local Joint”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Since this restaurant opened a few years back, I'd say it's become content with where it is and its customer base. While the food is usually good, not great, it seems the effort to impress and improve has passed. The food is reasonably fresh, and the quality moderate. The pizza is hit or miss depending on who makes it I guess. Sometimes it's like a frozen pizza taste, while others (with the same toppings), it can be above average. OH, and as we have forgotten once or twice, they're closed Mondays.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank jaraysco

Rhode Island
“Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was visiting from out of state and went for lunch here with relatives, who live locally. We ordered sausage and penne. The sausage was just right--not overly spicy nor bland--and unbelievably tender. The portions were quite large. We also had a few yummy garlic knots. Probably could have forgone that extra, as we were later offered garlic bread. The restaurant was OK in terms of decor. It is spacious and pretty ordinary, otherwise. What bumped this luncheon up to 4 stars was definitely our waiter, Dan. He was wonderful. He anticipated our every need and was exceedingly friendly and gracious (although not all the customers that day were particularly kind to him). Yes, I left him a great tip; he definitely deserved it. Because of Dan, the reasonable prices, and the great sausage, I recommend you try this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lake Worth, Florida
“Excellent food and excellent service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to Romeo's but will definitely not be the last! We were surprised by the number of special Italian dishes they offered that night. We started off with the Bruschetta. The serving size was enormous! Fresh tomatoes, olives, parmesan cheese and olive oil..delicious. The only thing we added was salt. I had the meat calzone and hubby had the spaghetti with meat sauce and meatballs. The calzone was bigger than my entire midsection and trust me, it did not fit..Hot and yummy, my father-in-law agreed the next day! The portion size for the spaghetti was equally as large and just as tasty. It was more than my husband could eat and that, my friends, is a feat! They also make the bread fresh each day. I want them to teach me how..Speaking of baking, the desserts at Romeo's deserve their own review. They have a case displaying the day's creations. I had a pastry filled with orange zest and ricotta cheese. It wasn't overly sweet and for me, that's perfect. Husband had a strawberry mousse filled pastry which he liked, but I didn't care for. I'm not a fan of mousse or whipped cream, in all fairness. We had no complaints whatsoever, we left full and satisfied!

Visited April 2013
“The service keeps this place going”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

The owner will personally come out to meet every one of his customers and he is a great host. Other than that, everything was about par. The food is food, but nothing better than Olive Garden.

• Visited October 2012
Spanish Fort, Alabama, United States
“Wonderful dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Hot fresh baked bread, as good as it gets! Salmon dinner included crab cakes, plenty of fresh vegetables as well, with a salad too, all generous portions! The pizza was exactly as ordered, with pepperoni, spicy ham, artichokes, mushrooms and black olives, fresh sliced Roma tomatoes, and lastly a topping of fresh spinach and basil for the last two minutes in the oven. Unbelievable combination of flavors cooked to perfection!

• Visited April 2013