“The Worst Motel Xperience Ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Best Motel Lakeland

You added Best Motel Lakeland to your Saves list
Best Motel Lakeland
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   601 E Memorial Blvd, Lakeland, FL 33801 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
Tampa, Florida, United States
“The Worst Motel Xperience Ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Too many things went "horribly wrong here!....First off The card key didnt work(for the first time we used it).Second, the plug on the microwave was cut off. Third, We were afraid to touch anything without getting a disease or something!. Dirty Dirty Dirty!.....Towels and linen prob was second hand from the nearest prison. Card key locked us out,Again in the cold.They said the batteries were too cold?? Well,besides it suckin a big one,the plumbing was Great! good luck

Room Tip: dont bother.there is a cleaner more managed motel 1 mile down the road for 5$ MORE
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Whatthehell2345

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

A friend recommended the Best Motel. The motel had adequate accomadations and was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Miller M
LakelandsBestMotel, Manager at Best Motel Lakeland, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.
Philipsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Not the best overall place to stay, but for half the price of other motels its best overall in my book. I've paid a lot more for rooms that were really no better. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank joe c
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have been staying at the Best Motel in Lakeland, Florida for 3 days. For the price i paid i have been in a very clean and comfortable nonsmoking room. The motel is centrally located with some very good restaurants within a short distance.
I have been to both Tampa and Orlando for Busch Gardens and Disneyworld. Each is just a short trip from this hotel. The staff has been friendly and have taken care of any requests i have had. I recommend the Best Motel for travelers who are looking for a comfortable, clean room at a small price.

Room Tip: This motel also has rooms with 3 double beds or 2 king beds. I was surprised when the housekeeper t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank john s
We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our property. It was a pleasure having you as one of our guests! We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy our hotel and our great staff. Many guests who stay here also like the fact that we are centrally located between Tampa and Orlando just off of I-4. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

Dirty is an understatement. Stains on the walls, sticky stuff on the phone and on the sheets. Old stained towels and linens that look like they came from Goodwill. Dirt and soap scum in the drawers, on the sink and on the counters.
Price doubled from what was quoted on phone to when we came in to the lobby. I think they look at you and then decide how much to charge.
The positive side??? They have ample parking and allow all breeds of dogs-plenty of room for the dogs too.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank piggs888
Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

For my recent vacation to Florida I had booked this motel in advance over the phone. I did not expect luxury, I just wanted a place for my family to sleep at night as we were spending most of our time with relatives nearby. We got there very early in the morning and the check in process went okay over all. My issues began when I walked into my room and was greeted by a can of raoch spray sitting beside the television. This of course made me look around to see if there were any tiny guests that would be sharing the room with us and trust me it did not take long to find some. I decided this was not the place for me and checked out immediately. When I told the man who was working why we would not be staying he told me he could give us a different room but I declined this offer figuring with or without bugs should not be a motel option. All in all my experience with this motel was very short however plenty long enough for me.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank kennaluv80
Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

Soap scum, pubic hairs in shower and on the counter, holes in sheets and dirty pillow cases with hair on them~ that should tell you. As far as safety goes, we weren't robbed. But, the toothless woman asking for money, almost ripping my husbands wallet out of his hand and the prostitute around the corner with all the homeless people lying about was less than pleasant. However, the staff was extremely nice as we checked in through a class window. You get what you pay for is an understatement.

• Liked — close to I4
  • Disliked — it was filthy
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Tye N Bob M