“GREAT PLACE TO STAY!”

Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Sebring
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY!”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while in Lakeland due to my father being in ICU at Lakeland Regional Hospital. They gave us a 10% discount due to the hotel being part of the CARE network. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, letting me receive several faxes while I was there for FREE.

The hotel room was very clean and had a stove, small fridge, sink, and coffee pot in the little kitchen area. The bathroom was spotless, which you almost never find in a hotel room. The actual size of the rooms are small but functional. If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel and can do without a pool, this is the place for you!

Room Tip: They have an elevator for the second floor rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank DarleenT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Rooms are clean front desk personel are less than pesonable grounds are clean and it seems to be safe. There are plenty of places to eat. On the down side the water pressure in the showers is no good they clean your room and change out towels only once a week. My room was so small there was less than a foot between the bed and the ac unit and slightly more between the chest of drawers on the other side of the bed. You have to approach the bed side ways and I am not a big person. The TV is sitting on top of the dresser so you can watch that sideways too. There are no utensils in the so called kitchen either. And the bedside lamp is mounted on the wall too far up, the light blares in your eyes. The matress is a very cheap one, like laying on cardboard. Thumbs down for this place, only if you have to stay here. Oh and when the hotel is full the internet slows way down to non-existent.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kgar79
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times due to work in the area intermittently.

There has never been an incident free stay!

Although the property is decent, the owners and reception staff and how they treat residents leaves a lot to be desired. If you like crank calls at 4 AM in the morning, most mornings this is your hotel! Owners claim it is a result of random acts of delinquency. The frequency of the these calls makes me have difficulty believing there story. I Do not trust them with anything they say, I have caught them in numerous lies!

Beware, and unplug your phone when going to sleep.

P.S. do not ship any packages there on your behalf either if they are important or you will regret it later.

You have been warned.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank KKANUCK

Travelers are raving about these Lakeland hotels

Edmonton
Reviewed December 7, 2011

My partner and I picked this place, after prepaying on Hotwire (and not knowing TA reviews prior).

Check in must be done before 11 pm, since that is when the receptionist was planning on leaving.

The room key could be found in a combination lock box (receptionist told us the combo through "bullet proof" glass). Getting to the room was pretty confusing; no directions to the elevator anywhere. There are also no directions on the relevant floor on where the room is.

When we entered our room, we realized that it was a smoking room (we had requested a non-smoking room), and so it stunk of old smoke. The carpets looked as though they had not been vacuumed in ages; the only time we removed our shoes was to go to bed. There was a large, dried blood clot with hair stuck to it, that was plainly visible on the nightstand. The framed artwork had dead bugs under the glass. Usually, when we have 2 beds, we each sleep in one (a rare treat - other partnered couples will understand!), however, this time, we judged that sleeping in 2 beds would double our chances of getting "hitchhikers". We slept with our clothes on and kept our luggage completely closed. The parking lot & open air hallways/stairwells are unpatroled in the evening; if they were, they would have told the person sitting in their car for 2 hours (door open, foot up between the door & windshield - so not sleeping), to leave the property. When we woke up, we found one bug in the bed, and promptly put our clothes into a spare garbage bag (doubled up). We did shower - which was clean - and quickly opened our bags to get fresh clothes and left.

Since this appears to be a regional/national chain, I would have expected a higher level of attention - even though the price was low. A hotel should never set it's prices below the cost of maintenance & adequate cleaning, which appears to be the case here.

To the positive reviewers of this property : you must have gotten lucky or have extremely low standards of cleanliness.

Room Tip: Go across the street, or to another part of town.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank YEGcg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We've stayed there four times and initially chose it because it is the closest hotel to my elderly aunt's retirement community. Everything has been fine each time.

One time I accidentally left my BlackBerry in the room. We had left early and called as soon as the office opened. The manager found it and phoned us back within minutes. We gave him a credit card and it was FedEx'ed to us.

I would recommend the rooms with two beds they are a bit larger although the bathroom is a bit smaller. The main thing is that the air condition in the one bed room blows directly across the bed. With two bed it is between the beds and this is much more comfortable.

We have been there in mostly off peak times but the place has never been more than 20% full. Maybe the biggest problem for some is finding it because it sits back off the main highway. The street does have a large sign for the residential development that is past this motel.

There is no breakfast and no coffee, so bring your own. There is a 7/11, Super Walmart, and two grocery stores about 5 minutes north on US 98.

Room Tip: There are plenty of chain restaurants nearby. But probably the best restaurant between Disney World...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I stayed for almost a week and was happy with everything! The staff was very friendly and addressed any need that I had. When I first arrived I needed an iron and there was none availble at the time. Within the hour, the manager went to go buy more. This was way more that I had expected. All in all, it was a great stay =)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank NickiJones
Homestead, Florida
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Very clean rooms, the kitchen was a nice surprise and Brandy, the front desk clerk for most of our stay was very friendly and accommodating as was the rest of the staff. All in all it's a very great priced hotel. The ice machine was broken for our entire stay (3 nights) this was our only real complaint. Very close to plenty of restaurants and malls. I would stay at this hotel again if ever in the Lakeland area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple