“Best Ever”

Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Powhatan
“Best Ever”
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Stayed here one night. truly awesome staff, very friendly, very helpful. Hotel was clean like none I have ever stayed in. Breakfast was nice, and staff there very attentive and wonderfully pleasant. Wish all hotels would follow their example. WMF

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Raleigh
Reviewed March 17, 2010

The first thing I noticed is that every staff member we encountered was pleasant and seemed to appreciate our business. For me, that positive attitude goes a long way - thank you to the staff. Right next door is a Cracker Barrel, or if you want to try some food with more nutritional value, walk a few doors down the other direction and get a salad at Applebee's.

Our experience was good enough given the price, but paying attention to a few low-cost details would have made the experience much better. I list them here in order of importance to me:

-thank you for being a smoke-free hotel, but PLEASE move the outdoor smoking section away from immediately outside the front door. Everybody has to walk through the smoke smell to get in and out the front door. And since the lounge and eating area is just inside, the smoke stench comes in every time the door opens.

-having wireless internet access in the room is now as standard as expecting a TV. Service in this hotel is provided by HotAir Wireless Networks. But, it was really slow - I never got more than 1.0 mbps download, which is too slow even for a radio stream. I sent email to HotAir tech support the first night that we were there, but never got a response. The first morning that we were there, I mentioned the slow speed to the desk clerk who said that she would re-start it. When we got back that evening, the service was still too slow.

-the breakfast buffet was all processed food except for some apples. Even having some cheap little boxes of raisins helps. I also did not see any grapefruit, orange, or apple juice. Having some oranges or bananas would be nice, or some Raisin Bran cereal as opposed to only sugar-cereals. There was plenty of coffee and it was pretty good.

-we were happy to see the 'now heated pool' sign when we arrived after a long drive, but when we went to check out the pool, the water was dirty. Please at least clean out the leaves.

-I was awakened at 5:56 am by the dumpster truck bang bang banging the dumpster outside. Maybe they can empty the dumpster at some other time or at least stop shaking the thing?

-the fitness room consisted of a stationary bike, a weight machine, and a treadmill that was broken (it had a note that suggested going to the partner hotel across the street to use the treadmill there).

Overall, the hotel was good enough, clean enough, and priced low enough, and I would recommend it in the budget class. I am giving it a 4. Address the issues above, and it will be a 5 for the class.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Customerserviceguy
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We stayed at this hotel during our visit to the Strawberry Festival. This was the first time staying at the Jameson Inn and we were very pleased with the hotel and staff. The rooms were clean, large, nicely decorated and appeared rather new. The beds were comfortable. We did not use the pool because of the weather but it looked very nice. The breakfast was great. The hotel is right across the parking lot from a Cracker Barrel restaurant -- we were able to walk over to have dinner. The staff was also excellent -- very friendly, helpful and professional --- from their appearance to their demeanor.
I was a little concerned about the accommodations given the low price for the room but I was amazed at the excellent value we received. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling through Lakeland.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Michigan
Reviewed March 10, 2010

The service and the room were good. However, at 11PM there were young children running up and down the hall. After the fourth time I called the desk and I only heard the running once more.
The major problem was that since the hotel is a non smoking property the "unoffical " smoking area is place outside the front entrance complete with a large ashtray and bench. Our room was on the second floor above this area and smokers would go outside to smoke while they talked loudly, making sleeping very difficult.
At midnight I called the desk and explained the loud talking problem. Four groups and one hour later the noise stopped.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank greatmonday
fl.
Reviewed March 2, 2010

We go to Lakeland often; stay only at Jameson Inn, Thet are the best.. The front desk staff are outstanding, special thanks to Jennifer who's smiling personality at check in is always appreciated. One call and she will have a room ready and waiting for you.
Housekeeping always excellent work in the rooms.
[--]

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed February 24, 2010

My husband and I just returned from spending 4 nights at the Jameson Inn. It was our first time in this hotel chain and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean, ample-sized, and the shower was fantastic. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel offered a great breakfast to include bagels, waffles, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, etc and a computer to check email. The hotel is conveniently located to I-4 and all nearby attractions. Applebee's and Cracker Barrel are next door.
We highly recommend this hotel and will always consider staying at a Jameson Inn after this positive experience.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and find it consistently good. From being greeted warmly at the front desk, to finding the rooms comfortable and clean, other staff always helpful and a delicious morning breakfast, we highly enjoy our stay. Located right off of I4, It is conveniently located to Southeastern University, restaurants and shopping. Rooms are reasonably priced. Great place to stay!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo