“Amazing value - a real oasis.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lakeland
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed May 7, 2009

After a stressful journey and with 2 hours driving to do we decided we would stop to eat at a Cracker Barrel and noticed the Jameson Inn. It looked very nice from the outside so we decided to see if they had a room. The receptionist was very welcoming and we assumed from the price it would be a very basic room. It tuned out to be the best 'budget price' hotel we have ever stayed in.
The room was comfortable and quiet even though it was close to the I-4, spotlessly clean and with huge fluffy towels. The included breakfast next morning was very good and included waffles although anyone wanting more only had to walk across the car park to the Cracker Barrel restaurant next door.
It was excellent value and even if we do not stay there again we will be looking for others in the chain.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 5, 2009

We stayed for 5 nights at the Jameson -- our first time ever staying at this hotel. We couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay.

Hotel room was large, with a king size bed and big bathroom. Towels were soft & fluffy, and best of all LARGE in size. We hate skimpy towels. The hotel has an exercise room and pool. It's right near the highway, but peaceful and quiet.

For 5 nights, including taxes and fees, we paid $300 for our stay. Well worth the money. Great value.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2008

I really enjoyed my stay at the Jameson. The check in clerk Ryan was a very nice man who went out of his way to accommodate our group. The rooms were nice. We did not get to have one with a mini fridge or microwave but I did not ask for that ahead of time and those rooms were booked up. We had two nice double beds. I got to see inside one of the suites and WOW! If you have the funds for a suite, get one. It was huge!
The pool was fine and they had pool towels in the fitness room. The fitness room was air conditioned but it was small.
The free breakfast was nice. Waffels, ceral, bagels, biscuts with sausage gravy, juices and coffee. There is an Applebees next door that was open until 2am each night except Sunday. A Cracker Barrel on the other side. Freeway access was close. They had maps at the front desk to get to Ignited Church and the Revival tent. They were very accommodating whenever they could be.
I did not ever hear the neighbors through the wall but you could hear people talking in the hallway pretty clearly.
They gave me a great rate since I stayed 8 nights. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2008

I have just returned from spending three nights at this fantastic hotel. I have absolutely no complaints about it at all. If you are thinking about coming to central Florida, I could strongly recommend the Jameson.

My mother and I booked this hotel over the phone less than 24 hours before arrival. I simply found the hotel on the internet, doing a general hotel search. When I called, the young lady on the phone was very helpful, confirming my booking, price and all details and giving me very clear directions from the airport. She was very patient with me and seemed to take pride in making sure I was happy about all aspects of the hotel.

We were stunned when we arrived. For the price, we were expecting a basic hotel (just hoping it was clean!). THIS HOTEL IS FIRST-CLASS. Everywhere is spotless, the reception staff are some of the best I have ever been served by and the rooms...they are superb. I was given the option of either having two double beds of a king size bed, i chose the second option. I was bigger than a UK kingsize, and even with a huge bed, the room was still a very generous size. You also get a fridge and microwave, TV, hairdryer, Iron, kettle, phone and shower/bath. The rooms all look newly decorated, in very tasteful colours, and ever room has good air conditioning!

Andrea, the Manager and her team (particularly Amanda) go out of their way to provide a good service to their guests, and they succeed all the time in my opinion.

If you are thinking where to stay in Lakeland, I would say stay here.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Glenn_Smith
Reviewed March 5, 2008

Last week, I travelled to Florida w/ my dad (a senior citizen). He kept raving about this hotel that he had stayed at previously. I was NERVOUS b/c it was only $87/night. I guess I'm a hotel snob! Guess what?? A child should always listen to their parent, even when they're 43!!! The rooms were spotless, new, and beautifully decorated. The staff was courteous, professional and FRIENDLY (a true find in customer service these days!!). Breakfast was a terrific bonus and again, the dining area was spotless!! I worked out in the fitness center and was pleasantly surprised how large it was. It is located in a seperate building next to the pool. So much better than the dinky one-room centers at most hotels!! A few negatives.....the pool is basic & small and the hotel is right next to the interstate (but amazingly quiet!). This is the PERFECT place for a family on a budget trip to Disney. It's 30 mins to Disney and it is directly next to the interstate. The rooms are so inexpensive, you could get TWO for the price of ONE at Disney!! THIS IS A FIND!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2007

My daughter and I stayed here toward the end of March. The main reason we had booked this hotel was the internet in the lobby. When we arrived, we found out that their one computer was not in service. When I inquired about the possibility that it would be up soon (we were staying two nights), I was told that they had been told it would be two weeks to get it back and it had been that length of time but they still didn't have it.

They do have internet in the rooms but we had no computer so that didn't help. Other than that, the room was clean and the breakfast was okay, nothing really special. If you're counting on having access to the internet and you don't have your own computer, definitely call ahead first. Obviously, it's not a priority to them

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2007

The Jameson Inn was incredible. It's conveniently located right off I-4. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. I should note we were in a handicap room. It seemed to be just slightly larger than the normal room, but not by much. The bed was so comfy and the rooms couldn't have been cleaner. We didn't eat it, but there is a free breakfast. The rooms also have free high-speed internet. The rate was $89, which is quite the deal in Mid-March. We'd definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple