“No problems with service, fairly cleam”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lakeland
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Orlando
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hotel was very quaint and clean. I booked this as a last minute thing on Hotwire for one night and was not sure about staying here after name was revealed. However, the location was right close to the interstate, an Applebees, Cracker Barrel, Waffle House, Wendy's, gas, and shopping. The room offers flat screen TVs and free internet and has a country charm to it. I think it could use some additional updating but I was pleasantly surprised and I would stay again. Staff is great too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Niles, Michigan
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

If you want a nice clean hotel for relatively cheap, this one is great. They have a few things to work on. Pool was filled with leaves. Fitness center bike was broken. Fitness center also had dirty cups and towels all over. Breakfast was good. Room was spotless. They take pets so that is a plus. Staff was not very friendly. When I asked for something to skim the pool with the clerk says "we aren't allowed to do that. The pool guy comes on Monday". Well it's Monday at 2 pm and I haven't seen a pool guy.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend of baseball. Clean hotel, nice staff, microwave, fridge, etc. beds are small, couldn't really sleep well with two adults in one bed. Bed was comfortable though just small. Son slept in other bed by himself said was good. Would stay there again over some of the other hotels we stayed at around there before.

• Stayed December 2012
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I spent just one night here during a sporting event. The group rate made it an excellent value. I booked a King, but when the family behind me checked in, they asked for a King and the clerk said there were none left, so I switched to a double and gave the family my King. My double ended up being a handicapped room, Room 123. The location, right next to the lobby and breakfast room, was a little noisy, but the room was wonderful. The room was large, clean and modern. It was equipped with an LG large screen TV, hair dryer, fridge, microwave, coffemaker, alarm clock, desk and free wi fi. The wi fi worked very well for everything except watching videos online. The desk staff were very friendly. Because I was competing, I brought my own breakfast, so I didn't get to check out the included continental breakfast. The hotel has a Cracker Barrel on one side and an Applebee's on the other side, so finding somewhere decent to eat is very easy. There's a Wendy's right down the road.

I will definitely look into staying in other Jameson Inn's if they are as nice as this one.

Room Tip: 123 is handicapped accessible, so it is large, but the location isn't the quietest on the proper...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Flushing, Michigan
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I checked in here for five nights after a disappointing experience at a nearby property. The desk clerk on duty had no problem showing me a room before regisration. My room was a king suite and though not overly large, it was well appointed and clean. Housekeeping service proved reliable and breakfast was above average for a "free" meal---the eating area was inviting and clean. For me, the best feature was the large, well-equipped fitness room located in a separate building next to the outdoor pool. There was a variety of machines in good repair and the AC was COLD in 90 degree Florida humidity!

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank run4evergeorge
lakelandflji, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to know you were able to walk in to our property and receive the great service we strive to provide to every single guest. I am very pleased to know you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast as well as our fitness center and pool area. We are very excited to know you were also able to enjoy our new 37" flat screen TV, microwave, and mini-fridge. We look forward to having you as a guest next time you are in the Lakeland area.

Yobeska