“Great Valentine Day dinner”
Review of Bay Street Bistro

Bay Street Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bay Street Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 458 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Bay Street Bistro is your destination for 5 star quality dining in a relaxed atmosphere, located conveniently in downtown Lakeland, FL.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife ordered the Chilean Seabass and I enjoyed the Beef Wellington. The Beef Wellington was awesome however the burre'-blanc sauce overpowered the Seabass. The bruschetta appetizer was wonderful and the butternut squash soup was ok. The desserts of coconut cake and German chocolate cake were fabulous. We purchased a bottle of JACQ 22 Cabernet Sauvignon that was offered for a great price and it was delightful. The total price was a little high but the food, service, wine and ambiance were exactly what we wanted for our Valentine Day celebration.

2  Thank Michael L

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I love eating at a restaurant that serves food that's better than the way I cook it. The crab cakes were a delicious teaser for the salmon entree. The blueberry bread pudding was the perfect cap for my meal. Bay STreet Bistro served up a tasty mix of flavors.
Dine there.

1  Thank lisa p
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Had company Christmas dinner there . A mixed review. The poached pear salad was great, reallly good. My wifes salmon and crab cakes were extreemly good, the boss's Chilian bass looked delicious and he confirmed it.The lady across from me was not pleased that they had butterflyed her fillet after she had instructed them not to. My own chicken cordon blu lookalike with blackberry sauce was mixed. The sauce was fantastic, perfectly balanced and delish. The chicken on the other hand was almost black and so dry that no amount of sauce would have helped. The cheese was of good quality but was a semi solid mass ( apiece of cheese) and there was absolutely no taste of the prosciutto which might have helped, I left a good deal of it on the plate. My wife shared the chocolate cake which was magnificent, moist , creamy frosting a little crunch from nuts and absolutely good

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Unique, out of the way place, with great food. The staff was excellent. We prefer the smaller, privately owned and run places. This was our first time, we will become regulars!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is an absolutely charming locally owned restaurant in Lakeland, Fl. The food is delicious, the restaurant is small and pretty, the service is excellent, and the chef is flexible! You cannot go wrong.

1  Thank PeachMWeach