“Good flavours - but no apparent concern for fish sustainability” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #42 of 444 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Another major corporate chain restaurant in our city with no listing on your site.
Tampa, Florida
“Good flavours - but no apparent concern for fish sustainability”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had the Ahi Tuna, a sashimi tuna with herbs and salad - it was really good. For future visits, I would be concerned about the fact they have Chilean Sea Bass on the menu - as a rule I don't eat in restaurants which stock it because its an endangered fish (there is no such thing as a sustainable source of this fish). In fact, they don't seem to be making any effort whatsoever to look at sustainability of any of their fish sources....

Visited January 2013
2 Thank senti2comun

“Portions are shrinking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The last few times we have been here we noticed the portions are getting smaller & smaller. We now have to ask for bread, if we ask for butter then plan on waiting quite a while until the bread is cold then only receive two small pads of butter for a loaf. If you order coffee or tea with dinner, expect not to have it refilled unless you ask several times & express you really need something to drink. When I asked for additional butter & cream, I was told that she thought they were out & the butter is in the freezer. Finally dinner arrives, still no refill on coffee, no butter for bread yet and although we asked for them not to skimp on the scallop potatoes portion like our previous visit, a plate of four scallops with a tablespoon size of chutney, and a quarter cup size of scalloped potatoes. Well guess what? After all of that, yes, my scallops were cold. The flavor was good, but I couldn't eat them as they were cold! Waitress did come over to ask how our meals were right as they were placed in front of us clearly before we had a chance to try them so I said I don't know yet, but we did not see her again, not even to bring the butter we requested or the coffee & cream refill, yes that is right, I had nothing to drink with my dinner, until she showed up with the bill asking if we would like dessert! I couldn't help but chuckle & say no thank you! As my hubby gave her his card to pay, I went to express our disappointment to the manager. End result since my husbands card was already charged, a business card to come back for dinner again! I would have preferred my money back!!!! Driving out there for another meal doesn't seem like a worth while replacement for our ruined evening! We feel like they are trying to squeeze what ever they can by smaller portions, no bread unless asked, skimping on butter portions & cream, not refilling drinks during meal unless really pushed so the result only one free refill on my coffee & a ice tea! Waitress managed to never look over at our table or pass by although No problem getting several refills on hubby alcohol drinks which cost money!! Why was she able to get the the drinks that cost money refilled throughout meal. I asked the guy dropping off food & husband drinks to have her come over that I still needed my refill!! Oh yes, I will have her come right over!! After this repeated experience, I would take the $100+ to Arabella's in Winter Haven, or Capital Grille etc. we don't mind dropping some money on dinner if we feel satisfied after, but I feel like I was rolled in a back alley after leaving this restaurant the last 3 times!

Lakeland, Florida
“Go every year for my birthday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Best Creme Brulee I have evern had so far. My favorite part of the meal. I have had a few different dishes and they were pretty good. Coffee is ok.

Visited October 2012
“Phenomenal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was my first visit and everything was awesome. The service and food were outstanding . Reasonably priced and good sized portion. The salmon was flaky and well prepared. I would highly recommend bonefish. They have a nice, casual bar area and a more formal dining area. Entrees are in the $12-18 range.

Lakeland, Florida
“Best fish in Lakeland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you are in the mood for fish, go to Bonefish Grill and order the Parmesan-pecan encrusted trout.
You will not find a better meal in central Florida! The serving is large so get a box to take home the balance.
You are so welcome!