“great place to eat!”
Review of Mimi's Cafe - CLOSED

Mimi's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: Shouldn't need much help, a major corporate chain restaurant that's been open for years in this location.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Breakfast wasn't included at our hotel so we went here. The food was excellent and there was a lot for the money. We also went here for dinner and it was excellent! Will definately go here again if in the area.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My son and I enjoyed breakfast here on two mornings while visiting colleges. Restaurant theme is New Orleans Jazz Cafe motif. Great selection of breakfast options, attentive service and fairly priced. Would certainly return with my family.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Mimi's was just off the highway and located in a shopping center that had all the chain restaurants we have at home (about 3.5 hours away). As we were getting ready to hit the highway for the drive home, we though we'd try something different. It was "OK". We were seated at 3:30 p.m. but told it was time for the dinner menu. After I argued w/ the hostess, who was new, she acquiesed and said "OK" to a lunch menu, but never brought it...I had to go and get it. Then no one served us for 15 minutes. About to leave, a woman came over and said "I am apalled at the new help they have hired...I will take care of you!" OK, we decided to stay, but then the young waitress came over and asked if we'd been helped...we had. I then watched older waitress (who rescued us) fighting w/ young new waitress for several minutes while I was parched waiting for our drinks to be delivered. Ridiculous. The food was "OK"...about Denny's or a step above in quality but the difference was the menu was HUGE and the prices were HUGE to match. I found the experience to be a nice atmosphere, "OK" service (once the waitresses stopped arguiing) and the food was "OK" but the check was huge.

2  Thank mamamooch
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This restaurant claims to be French-inspired. Trust me, there is NOTHING French about it.... everything is over processed and over sweetened. The breakfast is expensive for what it is, although there are lots of different combos.

Invariably, helpings are way too large (again, a US thing) and the food is over-processed - too much sugar. The french toast was over-thick slices of bread literally drowned in fat and sugar - not the delicate taste of french toast at all. The omelette was heavy and the muffin was a meal in itself and again too sweet, tasted like it had been warmed in a microwave.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I like Mimi's. they have a lot of selectinos that you don't always find elsewhere. I like their breakfast okay too.