“Very Nice Hotel in Convenient Location”

Residence Inn Lakeland
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,106 helpful votes
“Very Nice Hotel in Convenient Location”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Rooms were very nice and clean and furnishings appeared new. Bed was very comfortable. Very good lighting (which is important if you want to do any reading in the room). Breakfast was better than most. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Only complaint is that it is difficult getting in and out of the parking lot.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RiLakelandGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We take great pride giving exceptional service to our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Lori

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed at this Residence Inn for 2 nights in February and was very pleased with the room. It was the usual Residence Inn layout and we found everything to be very clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was great with very friendly service. We would certainly stay here again in the future. It is located next to a shopping center which I wish I would have had time to enjoy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us. We take great pride in providing exceptional customer service. I have shared your comments with our team members! We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Scottsdale
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Their internet (wifi in the rooms) is ATROCIOUS. I, like many people are here for work and a connection is crucial. This got in the way of my work as the signal crawled at a snail's speed. I called the front desk and their solution was that I get on the phone with tech support to trouble shoot. Oh okay, I'll troubleshoot YOUR HOTEL'S wifi problem? No thanks!

• Stayed February 2014
RiLakelandGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. I am sorry we fell short of your expectations on the WIFI in our guest rooms. We are currently in the process of obtaining surveys to upgrade our system in the near future. Know that I have shared your comments with our corporate office and owners. I can certainly understand your frustration with this as many of our guests do need to be able to continue working in the evenings. The front desk does offer to have our guests contact the support line directly, as they do have more capabilities to assist you directly with your devise.
I would like to have the opportunity to make this up to you on your next visit to Lakeland. If you would contact me directly at the hotel, I will do everything I can to ensure a satisfactory stay.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I look forward to the opportunity to make it up to you in the future.

SIncerely,

General Managr
Warner Robins, GA
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Our unit was as expected - nice apartment-style accommodations with all one needs for the kitchen, small but comfortable couch/chair lounging room with TV, reasonable size bedroom, with a queen bed [adequate but seemed small when used to a King]; bathroom clean and well stocked with plenty of soft linens. While we were there just overnight, I could see two people staying longer and enjoying the accommodations. The breakfast was quite good - cold cereal choices with fresh bananas plus other available toppings, such as blueberries and walnuts, that could also be used for waffles and hot cereals; honeydew melon was very tasty; the scrambled eggs were very fresh and tasty; they had egg/bacon/biscuits that we did not try, so no opinion; juices were good quality; overall, not the absolute best, but very good.

The staff were all friendly and helpful. A plus was being allowed to move luggage into our room early. We realize this was because there was space available and might not be possible all the time. The area is nice with lots of shopping and restaurants available. Finding the entrance to the hotel is tricky - it is behind the Marriott Courtyard next door.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us! We appreciate the feedback on our hotel. We do take great pride in providing exceptional customer service to our guests. I have shared your comments with our team.
We look forward to serving you in the near future.

General Managre
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was a very pleasant stay. The rooms were clean and quiet. I love it when coffee and tea service are included, although the quality of the coffee wasn't very good! The breakfast was excellent. The breakfast attendant was friendly and helpful. She believes in customer service! Parking was a little tricky to figure out, but once we did, we were able to park close to our ground-floor room. There are many restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed a couple of nights here back in December. Looking over some of the other recent reviews, I was concerned about the quality. However, my room was just fine. There was no smell or mold or mildew of any kind. The bed was adequate, although not the best bed I've ever had in a hotel.

The staff was very accommodating to my needs and got me the room that I wanted.

Parking at this Residence Inn is not that great. You will be hard pressed to get a parking spot near your room or hall entrance. Apparently, there is some problem easements with the shopping center, because although you can see the Inn from the road, you have to go the long way around to get to it - up past the Inn, into the shopping center, turn left at the Olive Garden and go BACK out on the highway for 50 feet, then turn BACK into the hotel entrance and around behind the Courtyard to get to the Residence Inn. You can't even drive through the Courtyard parking lot to get there even though it looks like you can. Access is crazy. I finally just started coming in the back way and ignoring the "Do Not Enter" sign. Try this at your own risk.

Once you get into the Inn, life is fine. Also, the shopping center is very handy with some nice shops and restaurants. Try the Mongolian Grill.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Aside from the loud AC unit kicking on and off throughout the night. This is a great place to stay. The free breakfast is better than any other free breakfast hotels offer.
The hotel room was musty but didn't smell moldy. 2 great nights of sleep aside from a uncomfortable bed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ListentoDerek
RiLakelandGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your response! I have looked up your room so engineering can get up to that room and double check the AC unit. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations on the breakfast buffet, the staff does work hard to put out a great experience. Again I appreciate your response, please visit us again in the near future.