“Loud A/C..”

Residence Inn Lakeland
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The A/C Handler was extremely loud. So we had to move to another room. The A/C Handler in the new room was only half as loud. But the main problem was because the A/C Handler is located within the bedroom.
Also, breakfast is served from 6 to 9 only which is very early especially on the weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IngaL121512
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Lakeland

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My stay here was great! They have a very nice breakfast and three evenings a week, they have some type of themed evening meal. I was traveling alone and felt very safe here. It is very close to shopping and good places to eat. Lakeside Village is just about two minutes away and is an easy drive, you don't have to get out on the main road. The staff is very friendly too. I would definitely stay here again. The accommodations are very nice, more room than a standard hotel room. It was nice to have the extra seating when my family from Florida came to visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank pattyw812
Reviewed August 10, 2013

After reading the good reviews I was very disapppointed and surprised. The pool area and lobby were nice. Our room looked fine but the odor ruined our stay. The room has a very strong basement odor, smells damp, musty and well just disgusting. The room felt damp and this odor was very strong. We were here on vacation visiting the area and Legoland. For what we paid we felt this property is very over priced. I would have given a more favorable review is the smell was not so bad. I could have over looked the loud refrigerator, loud air conditioning unit, the stained carpet, etc., but the odor made it impossible to enjoy the time in our room. It was hard to fall asleep and if it had not been so late I would have gone out and bought candles to burn. We got ready as quick as we could in the morning and checked out and have crossed this place off our list for future visits to Legoland.

Room Tip: Avoid room #201 that room smells awful!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Seas0nedTraveler77
RiLakelandGM, Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We stive to ensure every guest will have a memorable stay with us, and when we fall short we take all of guests concerns very seriously. I have reviewed your concerns regarding the rooms issues with our Chief Engineer, and they are working hard to correct those issues in room 201. The Team strives very hard to ensure every guest is completely satisfied and would love the opportunity to show you our “service so memorable” on your next visit to Lakeland. Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit to Lakeland, as I would welcome the opportunity to make this up to you and your family.

Lori Gerard

Reviewed July 29, 2013

First off, I was thrown off by the affordable price, and location. Upon check in, which took all of 45 seconds, I was amazed how nice the property was. When I reached my room, a queen studio, I was totally blown away. This Marriott run hotel is much better than ANY Hilton, or Crown plaza I have ever been to. I am a road warrior and this place was comfy, clean, roomy, and an excellent staff!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Another excellent stay at Residence. One key thing for me was the AC unit, if it was noisy, well it wasn't. It was nice and quiet. The location is great, next to the mall so different food choices and a Publix opposite. Also the walls are relatively thick because I was disturbed by any activity next door or upstairs.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great location if you're staying in Lakeland, walking distance to tons of restaurants/bars/shopping/movies, etc. Standard Residence Inn hotel. Nice staff, slightly below average food in the morning breakfast, but for the price you can't complain. Will plan to stay here again on my next trip to the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Never stayed at a Residence Inn before and when got to our room I was very pleasantly surprised at how much room it had. Was very clean, staff was on point and very responsive with requests. Location is very convenient to shopping and dining and in walking distance behind hotel.. There's also a target and a supermarket across street if needed.. And also less than a mile to interstate . The complimentary breakfast and dinner wasn't bad. If I had a choice between this and another hotel...i would choose Residence Inn hands down every time for space, convenience, nice area, shopping, and nice, attentive staff.

• Stayed: May 2013