“My favorite place to stay in Tampa/Lakeland area”

Residence Inn Lakeland
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Atlanta, Georgia
“My favorite place to stay in Tampa/Lakeland area”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past year. Once for a wedding in Plant City and another time for a funeral in Bartow (we have family in the area). This is my favorite place to stay. We book the 2-bedroom suites because they are an excellent value and very comfortable. The breakfasts are wonderful and included, parking is convenient, rooms are clean and the staff is so nice. I dropped my sweater in the parking lot and they found it and mailed it back to me! The setup of 2 bedrooms on either side of a common den/kitchen area (fully equipped) and TV's in den and both bedrooms is great for privacy. One room is a bit smaller than the other one. We can split this suite cheaper than renting 2 rooms. Once my husband and I shared it with out adult daughter, and another time we shared with my father. Privacy and convenience for all.

It is well located off I-4 (take the Polk Parkway and go to Harden Blvd) and there is a Mall right behind it, Target across the street, and plenty of places to go and to eat. Yet we can be in Tampa within 30 minutes and the airport in about 45 minutes. You could even drive to Disney/Universal for the day if you wanted to. Very close to Cypress Gardens, Weeki Wachee and my favorite towns of Bartow and Fort Meade.

Room Tip: Share a 2-bedroom suite for best value!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Allows pets all over and allows people to hang out smoking at front entrance... Staff is unfriendly!

• Stayed June 2012
Daphne C, General Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear MomofPDL,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. As an extended stay property we allow guest’s to bring their pets along, however there are certain restrictions to ensure other guests are not inconvenienced. I apologize if a pet interfered with your stay; we take all of guests concerns very seriously. As a 100% non-smoking hotel we do have a designated area outside for the convenience of our guests. The Team strives very hard to ensure every guest is completely satisfied and would love the opportunity to show you our “service so memorable” on your next visit to Lakeland.

Matthew Stafford
Bench General Manager
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have stayed at several hotels by Marriott and am typically satisfied with the service. I must say that this was one of the best locations I have had the opportunity of staying at. The service was great. The hotel was clean. The customer service was superior. There were several groups that stayed a the hotel, which is expected during the summer. One group in particular was a bit unruly and made hotel guests uncomfortable with heavy public drinking, loud music for the entire weekend in the lobby and pool area. The group almost made it impossible for other groups to enjoy their visits because at one point they blocked most of the pool area off and prevented other hotel guests from comfortably enjoying the beautiful pool and jacuzzi. To help the situation, the hotel staff did have to step in, and that was greatly appreciated. Once the hotel management stepped in, I must say that my stay improved 100%.

The breakfast each morning is delicious. They offer pancakes, waffles, some of the best eggs I've tasted in a while, fresh fruit, and several othe options. The breakfast was far greater than what I would have expected. The rooms were well maintained. I had the pleasure of using the wash room and was satisfied with that experience as well. The overall stay, staff, hotel, and service was great. Also, the hotel is located in front of a great outdoor mall that has a movie theater attached. There is a grocery store and a Target across the street. Restaurants are next door. Pretty much everything you need is in close proximity to the hotel without having to get on the highway or travel far. In the past, I have blogged about hotels and I must say that the service, cleanliness, and overall experience is close to that of the 5 star hotels I have stayed at in the past. Also, the hotel is about 40-45 mins from Disney World and probably 30 from Tampa which is not too bad, especially if other hotels are booked up. It's a nice getaway. Thank you for the experience!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Giving it a one star is being generous. Not a family friendly hotel at all. The General Manager does not even know what customer service even remotely is. She is not well groomed, is very unprofessional in her ways and really needs to revisit what the first Marriot core value is - PUT PEOPLE FIRST! Her abusive tone, mishandling of room charges, and poor interpersonal communication needs to be addressed by Corporate or Larry Blumberg & Associates management team who are the owners of this establishment. It is well demonstrated by her untrained front desk staff that she does not groom her own personnel as well. The breakfast was horrible, but the cooks were very personable. They close the lobby at 9 PM which is where the business center is located, and if you do not leave the lobby they threaten to call the police. I don't understand why they have 12 tables, a fireplace and a large screen television there if you are not allowed to use them. The front desk clerk told me she did not want to have to clean any mess up. We were watching a baseball game on the television. This hotel obviously CANNOT handle multiple groups of people. There were at least three different groups of people staying at the hotel at one time. Poor Poor Poor.......and i am a Marriott Gold Reward Member!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Regional Director of Operations, LBA Hospitality at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment with regards to your recent visit to the Residence Inn Lakeland. It is only when a guest informs us of an issue that we can take corrective action. We take all feedback seriously and sincerely regret the inconvenience caused. I can assure you that we have reviewed your comments with the General Manager and her staff and have taken the appropriate action including retraining where necessary. I hope that, on your next visit to the area that you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence and display to you our true “Legendary Hospitality”

Spurgeon Nisbett
Regional Director of Operations
LBA Hospitality
spurgeonn@lbaproperties.com
Atlanta
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stopped here on our way to Legoland. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is amazing, but busy. There is a huge shopping complex behind the hotel and an Olive Garden is going on next door. There is a Courtyard directly next door and a Chili's just a few more steps down. The hotel is what you would expect from a Residence Inn. Nice room, plenty of space. We arrived as Taco Night was shutting down and breakfast the next day was acceptable as well. You do have to make a U-turn to get to the hotel if you are coming from Tampa on the toll road. And don't forget your rolls of quarters - the toll both is 50 cents and unmanned without a change machine. The pool was a perfect fit for our needs as we could unwind after a long drive. Legoland was a short drive the next day - we checked out and left after breakfast and were at the park before they opened at 9.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2012

As for Residence Inns this is just average. It comes with free wifi, free breakfast, free parking, along with a suite. Nothing really jumped out about this hotel. My main issue was what they called a fitness room. It was more a running room. The good part of this hotel is the location. There is a nice little outdoor mall within walking distance. Plenty of choices for food but not so much for shopping. My concern was where to eat which we had no issues with when we got there.

All and all a decent hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Petoskey
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed here two nights to attend a Detroit Tiger's spring training baseball game and Legoland. We had a two bedroom suite that worked perfectly for putting our kids down at a reasonable time for exciting vacation days. The pool and pool area is very nice for enjoying the warm Florida air outside. There was also a sperate deck adjacent to the pool for relaxing outside. The Publix supermarket is across the street. There is also a mall and many restaurants nearby. Would definetly stay here again. Just a side note if you have small children, there is a very nice playground in downtown Lakeland - Barnett Family park.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family