“Average Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Lakeland
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed April 16, 2012

As for Residence Inns this is just average. It comes with free wifi, free breakfast, free parking, along with a suite. Nothing really jumped out about this hotel. My main issue was what they called a fitness room. It was more a running room. The good part of this hotel is the location. There is a nice little outdoor mall within walking distance. Plenty of choices for food but not so much for shopping. My concern was where to eat which we had no issues with when we got there.

All and all a decent hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed here two nights to attend a Detroit Tiger's spring training baseball game and Legoland. We had a two bedroom suite that worked perfectly for putting our kids down at a reasonable time for exciting vacation days. The pool and pool area is very nice for enjoying the warm Florida air outside. There was also a sperate deck adjacent to the pool for relaxing outside. The Publix supermarket is across the street. There is also a mall and many restaurants nearby. Would definetly stay here again. Just a side note if you have small children, there is a very nice playground in downtown Lakeland - Barnett Family park.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stay at Marriot properties often and I love them. I was on a business trip on March 12th 2012 and the Hotel we were booked at was set up by the event planner. Well it turned out that the hotel had bed bugs. So I politely checked in to the Residence Inn and had a wonderful stay. I had a studio suite. It was very clean and comfortable with lots of room and great ammenities. I travel to this area often and this will be where I stay from now on.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The suite setup of Residence Inns works well for us as a couple with a small child, and this one is a solid representative of the brand. We stayed here during a 2-day visit to the new Legoland Florida - it's an easy 30-minute drive or so to the park past some very pretty homes and scenery.

We were really impressed by the staff - they were friendly, efficient and helpful across the board. When we checked in, we were given a room that smelled of stale cigarette smoke, and the front desk quickly accommodated our request to be moved. Our replacement room was clean and nicely appointed. Like all Residence Inns, it has a kitchenette with full fridge, microwave and dishwasher, which always comes in handy for snacking, takeout leftovers and washing things like souvenir cups and coffee tumblers.

The outdoor pool area looked appealing, although it was too cold to swim while we were there. The lobby and breakfast area are cozy and inviting. The free breakfast and dinner buffets weren't quite up to the quality we've enjoyed at other Residence Inns, but they were OK.

The hotel sits on a busy highway and backs up to a shopping mall and a number of chain restaurants (Longhorn, Chili's, Macaroni Grill, etc.), with a Target and a Publix supermarket across the street. While this is great in terms of convenience, you also may have to deal with some road noise. Request a room on the mall side of the hotel, if possible.

If we visit Legoland again in the future, we'll probably be back for a second stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was my first visit to a Residence Inn. Nothing really stood out to me that made this hotel "exceptional" but the staff was extremely friendly.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. Well equipped. The AC worked perfectly and was quiet. We had adjoining rooms which made it very convenient. There isn't much to do in the immediate area so entertainment was out, but there were places to dine out and that was nice.

I would stay at this hotel again if I wanted a nice hotel where I would feel safe but without breaking the bank.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Pros: New, large rooms, kitchenette, separate bedroom, living area, two flat screen TVs, desk set with ample outlets, good breakfast, great location (off highway, next to mall and restaurants), great feel.

Cons: None

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The Residence Inn in Lakeland, FL is good whether you're staying 1 day or 3 months. If you've never stayed at one you get a suite with full kitchen which is great if you want to keep food in your room.

The rooms are clean, up to Marriott standards. The buffet in the morning is surprisingly good. They have eggs, oatmeal, cold cereal, fruit, all types of drinks. So you don't have to search for breakfast food outside of the hotel. I spoke to a co-worker that stayed there for a few months while he relocated to Florida. He said the buffet is consistently good.

There is a mall right behind the hotel, several restaurants and a grocery store across the street.

I haven't gone to one but pretty much every day between 5 - 7pm they have a kid-friendly "happy hour" They serve beverages and food and it's FREE!

Pool always looks clean. Next time if I forget my suit, I'm gonna splurge and go to either Target or Walmart down the street and buy a suit.

LIGHT SLEEPERS: I try to remember to travel with my ear plugs since I'm a light sleeper. If you don't have any at least ask for a room that faces the mall. Harden Blvd is a busy, busy blvd - although it quiets down a little at night. Also make sure they don't put you on the side of the building facing the 4 super-sized air conditioning units because they run all night, of course.

One Bedroom Suites available - if you need the extra room, you can get one and it will cost from $150 - $200/night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business