“Typical Courtyard”

Courtyard Lakeland
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 6, 2014

No surprises here. Rooms are dated but lobby is nice and recently updated. Housekeeping staff routinely missed things during my stay, such as replacing used glasses or coffee for the morning. The best part of this hotel is the location - easy access from the toll road and close to restaurants and nightlife.

1  Thank Peter H

Reviewed May 22, 2014

This was a great place. Rooms were clean, staff was polite. Lots of things to do nearby. The bistro was great. Will stay here again. I was here on business and if I get the business i will be visiting more.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Gregg J
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here and loved the hotel and staff. There are shops nearby and lots of restaurants. The restaurant isn't open during lunch (which isn't a big deal because there are other choices nearby...unless it is pouring outside), but their breakfast was good.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank CMG_7
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Very nice place to stay if you need to stay in Lakeland. The front desk personnel are very helpful and really enjoy people. We used this hotel as part of business trip lodging. All in all I'd recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank keepitrealabc
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Arrived for two days so that my son could accept his award for being on the Under Armour Baseball Factory All American Pre-Season Rookie Team. This is an award and the players are expected to perform well for scouts. Checking in was fine. Logan was friendly and helpful. The second night at 2:45 pm we were awakened to slamming doors, yelling, cussing, so much so that my husband who sleeps in a CPAP awoke thinking someone was trying to break in thru the adjoining doors. I call the lobby to speak to David and asked if he would ask them to quieten down. An hour later they were still at it. I called back and told David if he couldn't quieten them I would call police. We were never able to go back to sleep. Next morning at check out I tried to talk to David and he never apologized, only said he could do nothing to help me. Gave me a number to call Manger on Duty who was Not there. No Manager was. I called number and it rang the front desk...not the manager. He said I should try the next day. I know Marriott and Marriott managers and they pride themselves on customer satisfaction. Well not this one. She was defensive, told me that David had walked down the hall and didn't hear the noise...I said well next time if proof was required I would record it...I told her that a little customer service training would go along way with both David and herself...I will NEVER stay at another Marriott....I have Hilton Priority, Carlson, Choice Hotel international memberships...they don't treat you badly...Would NOT recommend this place choose another hotel in the area...great shopping complex here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Cynthia G
CourtyardLakelandGM, Manager at Courtyard Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Cynthia,
Congratulations to your son for achieving this prestigious award. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the kind words regarding Logan and your arrival experience. I understand your frustration regarding the noise disturbance from another guest and needing to have a good night's rest before a important day. Please accept my apology for the disruption during your stay and for the response you received the next day. We will use this feedback to retrain our associates on better handling disturbances in the future. I hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to host your next visit to Lakeland.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed for two nights while visiting family for Thanksgiving. Staff very welcoming and rooms very clean. The location is very convenient and has some great restaurants and shopping close by with easy access to main roads.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is the business traveler's Courtyard ... flawless consistency, attentive staff, complimentary coffee in the lounge (at least for those Courtyard operators who step up to maintain a favorite item), clean comfortable rooms. Like I said, no surprises. And as business travelers know, surprises in the hotel are rarely good. This place is located on the outer edges of big shopping center and there are plenty of above average places to eat dinner or lunch. I'd stay here again while visiting on business.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business