“WONDERFUL SERVICE”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Booked for a party of 20. Had two servers, Tori and Kelli, who were exceptional, very attentive, professional and nice. Brought in a cake, they took over delivering it on time, adding candles, cutting it and serving it(without being asked)! THAT was such a help and big relief to me. Because of their service, the next time I am in Lakeland I will be back to the restaurant. The food was delicious also, especially the pumpkin crab soup! Others enjoyed the chicken wrap appetizer, the spicy thai shrimp appetizer was very flavorful. Parents loved the oak barrel salmon. Daughters raved over the side caesar salad. Highly recommend this place! The only reason why I rated this restaurant as average for families with children is that - I would want other diners to enjoy their experience there, not to be interrupted with noise from younger diners. They do definitely accommodate families but IN MY OPINION I would keep my younger ones at home with a sitter. Also, their outdoor dining is pet friendly for you animal lovers.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went for an anniversary dinner. Started with filet tips egg rolls a- delicious and not a normal appetizer. Much of the fish and steak had choice of ways to cook, healthy salmon was perfect, also a different choice of sides. Ended with brownie parfait- chocolate mousse, brownies, chocolate sauce. Entire dinner was different but so nice to have something other than the normal chain restaurant. Will definitely go back- loved it!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a dinner meeting here. A bit noisy and average food. The atmosphere was nice and location is great.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We decided to venture out on a Sunday to Grillsmith for lunch in Lakeland. Though their hostess stand "gatekeeper" was gruff for a Sunday morning and a personal challenge to attempt booking a reservation "post-church", we were pleasantly surprised to be seated immediately this day upon walk-up.

In addition, we were excited to learn of their Sunday Brunch offerings. A full lunch/dinner menu is also offered, but I recommend sidestepping the norm and give their Brunch a try. The menu consists of the normal fare (i.e. eggs, breads, bacon, fruit, etc) but Grillsmith steps it up with their expected flair.

We started with the Chambord Mimosa - absolutely refreshing and delicious and a gracious quantity. We ordered the Greek egg-white omelet and the recommended Smoked Applewood bacon omelet - both with fruit sides. Our meals was delivered timely and hot - something out of the ordinary at typical Brunch settings. Each dish was full of flavor and the fruit was very fresh.

Our server, Kaelyn, was excellent - both present and attentive.

The atmosphere was busy, but not overbearing. Outside seating is available, but in demand.

This location is a personal favorite and continues to surprise and deliver a nice option for a good meal.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I travel a bit for work and have been going to GrillSmith 3-4 times a year for the past few years whenver I'm in Lakeland on business. Coming from Colorado as I do, I love the abundance of seafood at GrillSmith and always start my meal with the Ahi Tuna appetizer. It's delicious and comes with an unexpected bit of avocado and shaved beet salad. They've got salads, steaks and pasta, but I usually get some kind of fish and it's always good. Really, every time I've been here, the fish is amazing.

Okay... here's the rub: "healthy" options and service. They have a tendency to call some dishes "Fitness" to imply they're healthier than others. I tend to order the "Fitness" salmon or tilapia which basically means no sauce. It comes with a choice of two sides (the rice is nutty and delicious and I highly recommend it), however, even though I've requested just grilled fish (a.k.a. "Fitness") it's coated in some kind of butter or olive oil as is the side of veggies. I can't stress enough that it always tastes good, but it's not exactly "healthy". Sometimes, when one orders something grilled with no butter, one actually wants it that way.

Regarding the service... it's usually so - so bordering on pretty bad. What inspired me to write tonight after all my visits there was my server. He actually wore a baseball cap all night long, didn't clear appetizer or empty glasses unless prompted and "checked in" with me while on the run to other tables, never actually stopping. The only time he lingered at the table was when he brought the check and that was to vacuum around me until I signed the bill.

Again, the food is delicious and the location is convenient if you're staying in Lakeland, but be sure to have a little patience when dining there.