“Not Marios”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Not Marios”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have to say, our choices in Lakeland are limited. I am cheering for this to get better, and I will definitely give it another shot. We frequent the red door, which also is not exactly a good "value" but it such an enjoyable place I am happy to pay 30 or 40% more than another place on occasion. My wife loves the food there as well, and I think she liked her food more than me here. I just can't get around that the food looks better than it tastes. We also had just gotten back from Italy when we went, so maybe thats not a fair comparison. I am hopeful for a better experience next time.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank JDHelm

Lakeland, Florida
“Great food and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Great independent restaurant. Live music is nice but sometimes a little loud.

Visited July 2012
Lakeland, Florida
“Nice independent restaurant in Lakeland”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

What a nice change from the chain restaurant scene. We dont have many good restaurant choices in Lakeland - but this is definitely one of the best. Nice atmosphere, good food and great wine list. The bar is a little small -

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank florida3364
“What's going on?”
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

I have always loved this restaurant. I go quite often, and there are many items I still love. Don't get the gnocchi! The gnocchi from Back in the day was the one you compared all others to. The last 3 times I have gotten it, it was gritty and dry. I kept thinking the chef was having an off night. It's really too bad. On a brighter note- the salmon caprice salad for lunch is amazing.

“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

THis was our first trip to this restaurant since the new owners took over. The service was certainly well below normal standards with one waitress attempting to handle 10 tables. The waitress had to be reminded that she took meal orders from only three out of our four if us. The meals ranged from non-descript to blah. One of our group ordered a stuffed ravioli which tasted like it was infused with a mint toothpaste, Gleam comes to mind. Another meal was Orecchiette with sausage and clams. The pasta appeared to be coated with a sand like substance, perhaps the clams weren't washed properly. As a tooth whitener, the grit would would suffice but certainly not fitting for an Italian Pasta dish. The owner did provide a discount to us to entice us to come back in order for them to give us another chance at providing a perfect dining experience. Probably not

1 Thank smeadman