“RIPOFF”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“RIPOFF”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Average ripoff junk food . Poor quality. Eat before you come to this place.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank PolkAdvisor

Lakeland, Florida
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Detroit Tigers and Flying Tigers Baseball”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Great stadium with not a bad seat for viewing baseball. Home of spring training for the Detroit Tigers and their Flying Tigers. Plenty of parking. Souvenir shopping available and a variety of food offerings. Always a fun time to be had here.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank foodieme26
Fredericksburg, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Take me out to the ballgame”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We were visiting in Florida for our vacation. We could not afford the MLB tickets and searched for the minor league teams. Found that the Lakeland Flying Tigers were about an hour away from where we were staying. I purchased the tickets online prior to our trip and found that Wednesday was all-you-can eat night at the game - with 2 teenage boys that was a bargin! The tickets were only $10 per person. We found that our seats were right behind home plate on the first row (Mom was awesome because of this). Then Mom became even more awesome as the Hooter's girls were there serving wings - included with the all-you-can eat.

There was a neighborhood feel to the game, it seemed like everyone around us had season tickets and were probably wondering what us "strangers" were doing there. The game was enjoyable, the people were friendly and we had a great time. My son was able to get autographs of several of the players before and after the game. It is a very nice facility and it was a family friendly environment.

Visited July 2011
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Tiger Fans Will Understand”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Ahhhhhh, home of the Lakeland Flying Tigers and the spring training home of the Detroit Tigers! As a 30+ year Tiger fan, I can't give you my personal opinion and be objective at the same time so I'll do my best.

The neighbors, across the street, are friendly and can give you great parking prices if you enjoy the long walks. I don't remember what I paid to get in, but I do remember this was one of the more expensive seats I had during spring training.

The atmosphere is this - I'm 36 years old, I've followed the Tigers since 1981, and I can safely say I was one of the youngest and most inexperienced fans there. This should give you an idea of the ages and devotion of the fans during spring training.

The food and souvenirs were average. However, if you participated in the silent auction, there were some great Tiger and non-Tiger memorabilia.

The absolute best piece of advice I can give you is this. You need to know your heat tolerance and drink plenty of water while you're watching the game. Believe me, the Medics were all over the stadium and it wasn't a pretty sight. Please know your limits when it comes to hot weather!!!

Visited March 2011
1 Thank 34Meeechigan
Birmingham, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not for kids wanting to meet/obtain autographs from players - but a nice park”
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Nice ballpark for watching a game. But, for us, the appeal of Spring Training is that our boys have the opportunity to get close to players and maybe get an autograph. This is NOT the park for that. Gates opened 2 hours before game time, after Tigers had finished batting practice and returned to the locker room. An hour before game time and before the Tigers make it back to field, fans are directed (not so politely) back to their seats. During Spring Training games, star players typically leave the game early and head back to the clubhouse. Other spring training stadiums allow fans an area to interact with these players or at least don't impede access to them as they leave. Not Joker Marchant. Ushers guard the areas to keep you away as the players sprint by. However, we were told that we could get next to the dugout after the game to approach players - but, by then, your kids (and likely you unless you follow low level minor leagues) will not recognize any of the players left in the dugout - all of the regulars that played will have left the game and field by then. Very disappointing that the Tigers don't allow access to players during spring training. Plenty of other parks do - and we'll be at those other parks. This was our only experience here but locals tell me this is the norm.

4 Thank Rich-Scott