“Small Gem!”

Cafe Zuppina
Ranked #1 of 458 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Turkish,Mediterranean healthy home cooking, Vegetarian,vegan and gluten free options available.Four years in a row number one restaurant in lakeland Florida.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

One of the best dining experiences I have ever had. The owner is the cook and also grows all her herbs. Her dishes are all fresh organic ingredients. She keeps her place small so she can continue to provide fresh, homegrown, homemade, food. I love Greek food and this was my first experience with Turkish food and it will be hard to match this place any where else. I do not write many reviews but I felt I had to for this place! Amazing food and much more!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Excellent food , served pretty quickly.
We needed a lunch spot halfway between Tampa and Orlando to meet friends visiting from out of state and picked Cafe Zuppina purely from Tripadvisor recommendations in the area. We were very happy we did so.

As the restaurant had cleared we stayed an hour enjoying our conversation and then a really good desert. We really felt welcome and intend to return for dinner with friends from our area.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My Hubby and I wanted to eat out on New Year,s eve and so after reading the reviews on Trip advisor we decided to try Cafe Zuppina for early dinner. Being new to the area these reviews were crucial in our decision to go and we were not disappointed. This is by far the best meal we have had in a long long time. Every piece of meat was cooked to perfection. Flavors were perfect. It felt like we were sitting in a home having our favorite meal. The owner spoke with us about ingredients she use in preparing her food and seems very particular about everything she use such as organic vegetables and meats. The lamb is by far the best and we asked the owner about it. She only use lamb from New Zealand. My husband is from England and loves lamb he was delighted to hear that. She also has Haddock on her menu. This fish is a rare find on menus in Florida so we can't wait to try that out. What a delicious way to ring in the New Year. Thank you so much. See you again soon

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is a tiny little place with maybe 5 tables. The menu is very scant with maybe 5 apps, 5 lunches and 5 dinners with not much in the way of description on the menu. But wait till you see the platters arrive! So much variety, so delicious, cooked beautifully! Try to order the variety platters, don't be boring and just order hummus (which is delicious) do yourself a favor and add some spice to your life.I am not entirely sure what I ate, but we can't wait to go back. I like that your order and the waiter steps around a curtain and gives your order in Turkish, immediately you hear pans rattling and you then food comes out lickety-split. They do not serve alcohol, but you are welcome to BYOB. We paid $100 for dinner for three, with apps & dessert including tip.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We drove 1 1/2 out of the way to pick up my favorite Tomato sauce!!! And no one had to twist my arm to eat lunch there! The owner is so sweet! I can't wait to take her cooking classes!!! My husband and I have never had anything that hasn't melted in our mouth!